The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game of the Year [spoilers]

Go down 
+12
The People
Mega
Gitarooman
FlyingGiraffe
Linkred2
MC
General Meevious
Dizzy
Wraith
Wii-Lover
~Sgt-Jay~
Gman
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What, in your opinion, was the game of the year? (sorry, max options is 10)
Fallout 3
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap14%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
GTA IV
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Metal Gear Solid 4
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Rock Band 2
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap14%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Braid
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
No More Heroes
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap29%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Gears of War 2
 7% [ 1 ]
The World Ends With You
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:35 am

But it's zelda :stare:
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:37 am

:misery: But... it's the new Nintendo were talking about
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:33 am

Linkred2 wrote:
But it's zelda :stare:
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:40 am

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

Male Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:42 am

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:

At the old CT when I freaked out at how Nintendo sucks now you told me other wise! Don't make me lose hope!
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:45 am

i was in denial :P
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:54 am

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
i was in denial :P

Well now I am.

:misery:

Kinda.

I REALLY want a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:23 pm

False alarm.

Last edited by Linkred2 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

Male Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:28 pm

If I were to get MGS 4, I would probably skip all the motion pictures cut-scenes. I never do that with games, even if I never played the prequels, but there is no way in hell I'm listening to a 2 hour scene in which I have no idea what's happening. That would be like Quantom of Solace all over again...

Also, LittleBigPlanet looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:57 pm

My brother is a sony fanboy and he doesnt like LittleBigPlanet
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Gman wrote:
If I were to get MGS 4, I would probably skip all the motion pictures cut-scenes. I never do that with games, even if I never played the prequels, but there is no way in hell I'm listening to a 2 hour scene in which I have no idea what's happening. That would be like Quantom of Solace all over again...

Then don't get MGS4. It's story based, and a damn good story on top of that.

Also, wkipedia+youtube or backwards compatable+MGS essential collection. There's a site somewhere that says which PS1-2 games are compatable, and I thnik all threec are okay.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:28 pm

MGS4 is a mediocre game on gameplay alone

and if you dont understand the story, which you wont. It's almost completely rubbish since 20 hours of the game is cutscenes
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:52 pm

To me, MGS4 (and the entire MGS series, for that matter) is like an art piece: it's meant to be an experience, not just a game. The story is just as important as the gameplay, and if you don't know the plotline and haven't played the other games, no, it's not going to be as fun or as satisfying. That doesn't make it any less fantastic; it just makes it different than most games. If you know what's going on, it could be just as good (or better, depending on your tastes) than OoT or Mario 64 or whatever elese has been considered the "greatest game".

Having said that, I do agree that it was overhyped... It's still a brilliant game, but all the media and stuff was a bit over-the-top. I think that's true for pretty much every game, though (the only one I can think of to ever really live up to expectations was OoT). Everyone was like "OH MY GAWSH METAL GEAR SALID FAWR IS THE GREATEST THING EVER IN THE HISTOREE OF EVER", when in reality it was just a really good game. The same thing happened with GTA, Brawl, and I don't even know what else... It's just how games work.

Is it the Game of the Year? I dunno. Depends on your taste. It's certainly GotY-worthy, but whether or not it's "the one" is up to how many people appreciated the story-based gameplay, and that's entirely relative.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 pm

MGS4 is like.. the next step in entertainment

but a game it aint
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:40 am

Quote :
My brother is a sony fanboy and he doesnt like LittleBigPlanet
PS3 fanboys will "do" anything... as long as it has no self esteem. Littlebigplanet appears to be a descent game, therefore it will be abhorred by any true sony nut.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:38 am

At this point, I admire the PS3, and look at the Wii with a hint of disgust. It was the opposite of that a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Gman wrote:
At this point, I admire the PS3, and look at the Wii with a hint of disgust. It was the opposite of that a year ago.

Same. Though not exactly disgust, more longing that the good Nintendo didn't leave right when I became a 'gamer'. :misery:

I can't wait till I get a job and buy a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Wii-Lover wrote:
Gman wrote:

Same. Though not exactly disgust, more longing that the good Nintendo didn't leave right when I became a 'gamer'. :misery:

PS3-Lover doesn't have as good of a ring to it :stare:
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Gman wrote:
Wii-Lover wrote:
Gman wrote:

PS3-Lover doesn't have as good of a ring to it :stare:

PSWii-Lover?

Or just simply PSWii.

OR 3rdGenSystemsRyme.

:stare:
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Awesomevideogames-lover :superawesome:

Then again, you might get confused for those two psychos who review old videogames.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:02 pm

So many people are talking about systems and crap. Hey guys! Systems alone don't play games. Its more of the games than anything else, sure the system has something to do with it, but little compared to the games.

You can't hate the system. Only the games. I just wish Nintendo would have more games that I actually liked. The games on the DS are really good though, I could hardly put down Kirby Super Star Ultra. WHY DID NINTENDO HAVE TO TARGET THE CASUAL MARKET! :(
Back to top Go down
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:01 pm

If only the wii has better specs then goiod 3rd parties would consider it.
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:41 pm

0.o

Get rid of my vote right now...

GotY goes to Fallout 3!

I just started playing it and it's... it's... AMAZING. Everything is so detailed. So many quests and ones that intertwine! I love all the perks and stuff, it's just... beyond words.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Just wait. It gets even more in-depth and ridiculously layered as you go on... A bit of advice: around the time when you get to the Citadel, SAVE AND THEN START SAVING ON A SEPERATE SLOT. The reason being that it's near the end of the game but there's still a crapload of side quests to do. If you save after a certain point, you won't be able to go back and do it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 3:26 am

Wii-Lover wrote:
0.o

Get rid of my vote right now...

GotY goes to Fallout 3!

I just started playing it and it's... it's... AMAZING. Everything is so detailed. So many quests and ones that intertwine! I love all the perks and stuff, it's just... beyond words.

Become a slaver. That's awesome...

Wraith wrote:
Just wait. It gets even more in-depth and ridiculously layered as you go on... A bit of advice: around the time when you get to the Citadel, SAVE AND THEN START SAVING ON A SEPERATE SLOT. The reason being that it's near the end of the game but there's still a crapload of side quests to do. If you save after a certain point, you won't be able to go back and do it, though.

I didn't realise it was near the end, so when I finished the game, I loaded to the save right before the end, and ran out the building to do more quests.

Also, a very good idea is to get your Speech skill high, and get the Child at Heart perk. They are incredibly useful, and if I didn't have them, I would probably have a much lower amount of caps.

By the way, the ending is shite. :notfair:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of the Year [spoilers]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next