Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:52 am

I figured it would be a merry Christmas present to update everyone a little on the new forums that are currently being worked on. I have now completed all the artwork (ie. buttons, icons, etc) for the new boards, and those with the technical know-how are working at putting things together. At this point it appears everyone will be able to keep their previous post counts and what have you, and things are going according to plan.

Due to some issues with the hosting that still haven't been worked out, we'll likely move the boards to www.FredtheMonkey.com /forum for a bit until Cubetoons.com is fixed. When these things will happen is something I can't really give a time frame on, just because I am well aware of how some un-planned-for bug can mess it all up. So we'll keep working at it and hope you look forward to the end result!

Have a very merry Christmas, everyone! (Even if you don't celebrate in the same way.)
-JKR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:40 am

Will the fred theme be there?

Feliz Navidad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:41 am

SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

I think it'll be just like a universal theme, having all three items, KB, FtM and CT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:42 am

Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

I think it'll be just like a universal theme, having all three items, KB, FtM and CT.
Ohhhh,
I just don't want a dark forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:43 am

SMH wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Ohhhh,

Nah, I'm pretty sure it'll be similar to the theme on this current forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:48 am

kfdwiki wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Ohhhh,

NOOOOO!!!!! I want complicated Flash backgrounds, not crappy crap crap like THIS background!

Yes, great idea, make it in flash so people on a 56K modem can't see it.
and I said similar, not a carbon copy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:51 am

kfdwiki wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Ohhhh,

NOOOOO!!!!! I want complicated Flash backgrounds, not crappy crap crap like THIS background!
That's the kinda of no-nos you're not supposed to do.

Man, I feel like Peri...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schemilix
Hermaphrodite Overlord
Hermaphrodite Overlord

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:18 am

What, I love dark backgrounds, get bent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://schemilix.deviantart.com
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 am

Talking to people is satisfying :stare:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:22 am

Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Correctamundo. There will be a "Big Three Boards" theme (I posted the new joint logo a while back) and the universal skin will be bright and airy. Then, after a bit, there will probably be classic Cubetoons and Fred skins, should someone want to return to the olden day look. But right now let me focus on getting the place RUNNING rather than different appearances. :=P:

Also the "level system" will get an upgrade (so long stars, cubes, and Fred heads), and we're trying to introduce a ranking system that will let people give a thumbs up or down to posters depending on the quality of their submissions. That way when you see a large angry face next to someone who spams, you can simply ignore whatever they have to troll about. [smile_wink_that_we_don't_have_here]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:40 am

JKR wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Correctamundo. There will be a "Big Three Boards" theme (I posted the new joint logo a while back) and the universal skin will be bright and airy. Then, after a bit, there will probably be classic Cubetoons and Fred skins, should someone want to return to the olden day look. But right now let me focus on getting the place RUNNING rather than different appearances. :=P:

Also the "level system" will get an upgrade (so long stars, cubes, and Fred heads), and we're trying to introduce a ranking system that will let people give a thumbs up or down to posters depending on the quality of their submissions. That way when you see a large angry face next to someone who spams, you can simply ignore whatever they have to troll about. [smile_wink_that_we_don't_have_here]
So.... Karma? I don't think that's a great idea. If someone hates someone else, they could just wait each hour and bring that person down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:40 am

JKR wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

So.... Karma? I don't think that's a great idea. If someone hates someone else, they could just wait each hour and bring that person down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underqwertyuiop
The Guitar Hero
The Guitar Hero

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 am

Looking forward to the new forums. Also...

Joyeux Noel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schemilix
Hermaphrodite Overlord
Hermaphrodite Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 am

SMH wrote:
JKR wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Oh the horror. Karma's fun, we admins like to set it to things like 666 or 69 because we're mature.
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:48 am

Schemilix wrote:
SMH wrote:
JKR wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Oh the horror. Karma's fun, we admins like to set it to things like 666 or 69 because we're mature.
Do you mean immature?
And what do you mean "we"? You're not an admin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schemilix
Hermaphrodite Overlord
Hermaphrodite Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:52 am

SMH wrote:
Schemilix wrote:
SMH wrote:
JKR wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Do you mean immature?

You're kinda dumb aren't you. It's called sarcasm.

And I am on MYYYY site. There's more sites than just CT you know, learn 2 internet.
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:58 am

Schemilix wrote:
SMH wrote:
Schemilix wrote:
SMH wrote:
JKR wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
SMH wrote:

Feliz Navidad.

Do you mean immature?

You're kinda dumb aren't you. It's called sarcasm.

And I am on MYYYY site. There's more sites than just CT you know, learn 2 internet.
Well, you're on this forum, so most would think you were talking about here. And how the h e l l is anyone supposed to understand sarcasm on the internet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:02 am

Well if you were smart, you would, get it, get no, asparragus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:08 am

Linkred2 wrote:
Alright, I just looked that up, no word found.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:11 am

:superawesome:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:11 am

It's a different system than your standard Karma. You get ONE vote, per person. You can't come back in any length of time and make it worse. You can change your vote, but you don't have more power just by waiting. And you could make alt accounts, but you need to have a certain number of posts to participate, so that would take forever and never be worth it. Plus if admins and mods found out, say goodbye to all your accounts. Bansville.

We'll see how it works. If it doesn't, no problem, it gets taken out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fordy

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:26 am

Fordy says 2 things.

1- To be honest, I'd like the post counts to be reset back to 0. For new members joining, the people with post counts in the tens of thousands can be quite daunting... Having us all on the same level might help a few new people feel more part of the community, and new members are a good thing! (Bear in mind this is just my opinion, I've no idea if it would actually make a difference)

2- I'm game for a Karma system. :P

SMH wrote:
Linkred2 wrote:
Alright, I just looked that up, no word found.
Oh you. :superawesome:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:39 am

JKR wrote:
It's a different system than your standard Karma. You get ONE vote, per person. You can't come back in any length of time and make it worse. You can change your vote, but you don't have more power just by waiting. And you could make alt accounts, but you need to have a certain number of posts to participate, so that would take forever and never be worth it. Plus if admins and mods found out, say goodbye to all your accounts. Bansville.

We'll see how it works. If it doesn't, no problem, it gets taken out.
Ahh, that's much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fordy

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:16 pm

kfdwiki wrote:
What the h e l l is Karma?
A thing some forums use to help show good posters and bad users.

If someone makes a good post, people can give him a + for Karma, of if it's bad, a - point. These are all tallied, and under the posters name, is the results for him overall; good posters will mainly have + votes (it all gets tallied), bad users will have - votes.

Well, thats a basic explanation I guess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Karma comes from Hinduism, except on the internet is pretty much how nerd or awesome a person is by others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08   

Back to top Go down

Forum 2.0 Update - 12/23/08
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next