The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you start Gaming?

Go down 
+10
General Meevious
Mega
Wraith
Gitarooman
FlyingGiraffe
President Descriptor
MC
Wii-Lover
Peri
Paperboy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-10-30

How did you start Gaming? Empty
PostSubject: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:07 pm

I just made this post, it was deleted, so, I'll get back to it.
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

Male Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:32 pm

My cousin gave me his old big-as-a-brick gameboy and three games:
The original Kirby
Super Mario Land
Some shitty Spiderman game, which was later reviewed by the Angry Video Game Nerd.

A few years later my Grandma bought me an N64.
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

Male Number of posts : 400

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Ah it was many a moon ago, but it feels like just yesterday. It was Christmas morning. Infact the tree was exactly were our computer is now. I opened a big box and there it was, a Sega Genesis. The most beautiful thing on earth. I received many games including ALL 3 SONIC games. But before even that Christmas I played the original NES all the time at my babysitters house. I then got a SNES from my uncle and later a N64. (Both of which I gave away X_X ) And then one vacation my mom asked me if I wanted a new game system for the ride down to Florida and I got a Gamecube! Then I saved my money and got a Wii. It was ever since I bought the Wii that I would actually call myself a 'gamer'.

The way I got into hand held gaming was I saw a sale for a brand new Gameboy Color when I was a wee lil' tyke. (And I knew my mom was a sucker for sales) And I got it for my BDay. Then later when the GBA came out the Christmas following Santa brought my cousin 'one too many' (I love my Aunt) And I got one too! And then I got the SP for my birthday later on. Now I use my brother's DS Lite.

:superawesome:
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:55 pm

The DS's lack of GBC compatability loving SUCKS though.
Back to top Go down
MC
MC

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:00 pm

Genesis ("Megadrive" for you sillah Europeans. :P )

The first system I've ever played on. It was my brother's, but he taught me how to use it.

Sonic & Knuckles - Genesis

I was kind of freaked out by the 3D mini-game (Blue Sphere,) so I had my brother do that part for me when it came. :) I was 7 years old. It was my first game. :)

Game Boy Pocket system

The first system that belonged to me, and only me (my bro's Genesis was mostly his, but he shared.) All it took was a single commercial to get me to keep chanting "I want a Game Boy Pocket with Donkey Kong Land 3!"

N64 system

The N64 was a fun system for me. I rented a game every weekend, so I experienced a lot of different games.

Game Boy Color system

I received it as a birthday present from either my mom or brother. I got Tetris DX and with it, and that's what got me into the game of Tetris.

I'll update periodically. There's tons more, just trying to get all the cobwebs outta my head to remember the rest.
Back to top Go down
President Descriptor
Master of Weirdery
President Descriptor

Male Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Me?
I've practically been gaming since inside the womb!
It all started mostly at my cousin's houses, who'd families could afford gaming systems while mine couldn't.
There I played the NES, and a few years later, the N64.
Before long I finally got an SNES for Christmas when I was 5 or so, I don't exactly remember...
My first game was Donkey Kong Country 2.
I still have memories if it to these day when me and my dad, both fairly nooby at games, played through, finally beating it nearly two years later...
A couple years later, I got an N64 and Banjo-Kazooie (another Rare game, I came to figure out).
And things just grew from there...
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:45 pm

My sis got Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the GBC, and I loved it whenever I could play. Pokemon was great too, and i eventually got my own gameboy, which I was happy with until I saw ads for Kingdom Hearts, which looked AMAZING to my 6 year old self, so I got my PS2 the following Christmas. I got to play older games at friends houses, but I barely remember those.
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:47 pm

How old are you, FG? o_o
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:50 pm

14. Only a couple days older than you, if I'm correct.
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:56 pm

FlyingGiraffe wrote:

I'm pretty sure I was older than 6 when KH came out.
Back to top Go down
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member
How did you start Gaming? Default4

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:56 pm

By then you were 8 and not 6.
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:58 pm

Peri wrote:
FlyingGiraffe wrote:

I'm pretty sure I was older than 6 when KH came out.
I dunno how old I was, I just guessed.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:01 pm

My mom and dad had an NES back when we lived in California, which I played pretty much from the moment I could hold a controller until I was seven-ish... Then I got my very own Genesis, and my world changed forever. I was the world's biggest Sonic fan... Ah, memories. When we moved, my parents gave away the Genesis ( :( ) and we got a Playstation, which I thought was okay but could never match the awesome of my Sega. Around this time I was at a friend's and played Pokemon Red for a while on his Gameboy color, and my love for all things pixelized was re-kindled. That year I got a GBC with Red for my birthday, and I played the crap out of it. I absolutely loved Smash Brothers (having played it a lot at another friend's house), but we never did get an N64. Then the family bought a PS2 and I spent over a hundred hours in Kingdom Hearts... The Gamecube came the Christmas after that, and I saved up and bought myself a copy of Melee, which I also played the crap out of. I eventually saved up enough for an GBA and Sonic Advance, and I was finally reunited with my old blue friend. Everything kind of gets blurry after that... I bought a DS and some games, we got a hold of a Wii, and then a 360.

... Aaaaand I think that's it. :stare:
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:06 pm

I got a old haggard hand me down Master system from my cousin with alex the kid and sonic.

I was so happy.
Back to top Go down
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member
How did you start Gaming? Default4

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:08 pm

Well, growing up in a rather large and old family, my brothers had a couple of consoles since as far as I can remember,
namely the NES and the Genesis (Or, Mega Drive).
I finished Kirby when I was like 3 or 4, and Sonice as well...
Gaming just became a pretty exciting thing for me.
When we got the PS1 we got a heck load of Demo Discs and games, and same with the PS2, leading to a LOT of games when the gamestop finally opened meaning cheaper games overall.
Then, I bought the DS and I loved Nintendo again... Then over-hyped the Wii and didn't enjoy it. The Wii is now my sisters, and I have a fancy shmancy Xbox 360 now, soo... That's it.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:16 pm

Is still need to add you.
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:10 pm

My Step-dad had an ancient PC with Pac-Man, my Dad had a great PC (at the time) with EVERYTHING, a family friend had an Atari and my cousins had a SNES, then a Saturn. I struggle to think which I played first, but I remember a couple of them happened when I was three years old...

Then when I was (six? not so sure)... my grandma gave me a GBC... with Tetris and Pokemon Blue. She gave me Link's Awakening the next year.

I've been a gamer longer than I've been able to read or multiply.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:12 pm

General Meevious wrote:

Mathematically or sexually?
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:56 am

Mathematically, of course. ;D
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:04 am

General Meevious wrote:

I think that's how most of us were. :P I know I was.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:21 am

My first words were ''It's-a me'', so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:22 am

Linkred2 wrote:
My first words were ''It's-a me'', so yeah.

Please tell me you are telling the truth... XD
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:40 am

Mine was "book" apparently. I suppose I didn't need to talk about vidja games. Just play. :=P:
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:30 pm

Got Megadrive

played Megadrive

huzzah
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:29 pm

I have a cousin, who I completely idolized when I was little. He is a gamer himself, so when I was four he shoved a NES controller in my hand and we started playing some Mario game. (I can't remember the title.) That's the only way to get good at a game at first. Mastering the basics doesn't take cuddling, it takes practice. Sorta like swimming. Throw them in the deep end and they will swim for their lives, whether they know how to swim or not.

Hence my gaming journey began.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you start Gaming?   How did you start Gaming? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you start Gaming?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next