The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Son of a BISCUIT!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!
JKR

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 am

WHY WON'T THINGS JUST WORK?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

As I understand it, we can't fully move to the new server because something isn't transferring so something has to be done to make it transfer (but I don't know what so don't ask) and as a result we have to stay with the crappy broken server for now. Which, of course, means the website is going to keep going down randomly and I can't move forward with updates and the new Forums.

RRRRRR I'm frustrated. :misery:
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 am

how much money do you need to get a better server?
Back to top Go down
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!
JKR

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 am

Well monthly fees aren't going to be cheap, but that's the thing: We decided to go ahead and GET a better server. Now switching to it isn't working! So we're stuck with the old broken host. Soooooo... I don't know. I just don't know. I don't think we're going to do ANYTHING else this weekend but work on the website. It NEEDS to be fixed by now, I can't take this anymore...
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:46 am

Have you considered just starting from scratch on the new server (or taking bits and pieces from the old one and creating a new site with them)? I'm sure that's a pretty grim prospect, but it's always an option...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!
JKR

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Wraith wrote:
Have you considered just starting from scratch on the new server (or taking bits and pieces from the old one and creating a new site with them)? I'm sure that's a pretty grim prospect, but it's always an option...

Grim doesn't begin to describe it. That would be a month long nightmare for me...
Back to top Go down
BennyboyNZ
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member
BennyboyNZ

Male Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Are you the only one working on the update of the forums, etc?
Back to top Go down
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!
JKR

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Indikwa wrote:
Are you the only one working on the update of the forums, etc?

Q is helping but she has her day job, and I feel bad about asking too much for work after work. So it goes slow, and when things go WRONG, which is what's happening, it's like steps backwards. JW will be helping with Cubetoons when it is ready to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Son of a BISCUIT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Son of a BISCUIT!   Son of a BISCUIT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Son of a BISCUIT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cube :: Media :: Fred The Monkey!-
Jump to: