Le Cube
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 "Obama president na!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Male Number of posts : 369
Age : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Wraith wrote:
SMH wrote:
Don't forget, George was targeted...

And you don't have to be so mean. I'm dyslexic for crying out load.

Don't forget George was targeted... I have no idea what that means. Targeted by terrorists? Well duh. But like I said: Obama probably has less of a chance of being "targeted" than past presidents. I really don't see how that has any relevence in what I said two posts up.

And yes, I am aware that you are dyslexic and I could have gone without pointing that out, but since you made a snarky comment about someone I rather admire, I thought a witty retort was in order.
hey hey hey! (makes fat Albert joke)
But really, I'm aloud to now, he's the president.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega
Title stealer >:(
avatar

Male Number of posts : 391
Age : 28
Location : Welshland
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:18 pm

SMH wrote:
And you don't have to be so mean. I'm dyslexic for crying out load.

You never did tell us if this was officially diagnosed. >.>

I watched it anyway, even though it has nothing to do with my country I still like what he represents though, a clean slate, which has been helpful for me since the start of last year thats what I decided to do, hence going into higher education, moving out even enlisting in going on a exchange program, and every time I saw him on the news or something it just reminded me why I'm here, funny how that stuff works.

But yea I was half expecting him being assassinated, highly unlikely but you still wonder if that guy in the back is Klansman.

Really wish our political leaders were as damn positive as yours.

_________________
g2g forum suxs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyxleo
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:55 am

*Shrug* I don't really like him but I have to put up a front for just about everyone I know since they practically worship President Obama. =P As much as I can tell he isn't even American and is going to turn the country socialist. (I can say such things because I'm black and can get away with it. :=P: )

But *shrug* I barely get into politics so I don't know much. Flame me if you will but I'm not going to retort since.... That's basically all I have to say. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member



Male Number of posts : 202
Age : 23
Location : Angrytown, Ireland.
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:13 am

Onyxleo wrote:
*Shrug* I don't really like him but I have to put up a front for just about everyone I know since they practically worship President Obama. =P As much as I can tell he isn't even American and is going to turn the country socialist. (I can say such things because I'm black and can get away with it. :=P: )

But *shrug* I barely get into politics so I don't know much. Flame me if you will but I'm not going to retort since.... That's basically all I have to say. XD

/facepalm.
/facepalmed so hard, I'm gonna need stitches.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Our middle school is going to the Washington DC this year! If we actually met him, I'd say "You've made a lot more people feel that they can do more with their lives. That's very admirable."

Even though I'd rather meet Hillary before I met anyone famous!

Hillary, if Bill does it again you can count on me.
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Male Number of posts : 369
Age : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Mega wrote:
SMH wrote:
And you don't have to be so mean. I'm dyslexic for crying out load.

You never did tell us if this was officially diagnosed. >.>

I watched it anyway, even though it has nothing to do with my country I still like what he represents though, a clean slate, which has been helpful for me since the start of last year thats what I decided to do, hence going into higher education, moving out even enlisting in going on a exchange program, and every time I saw him on the news or something it just reminded me why I'm here, funny how that stuff works.

But yea I was half expecting him being assassinated, highly unlikely but you still wonder if that guy in the back is Klansman.

Really wish our political leaders were as damn positive as yours.
It was back when I was in 2nd grade!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
avatar

Male Number of posts : 405
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Obama is black
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Not black enough :merry:
Back to top Go down
Dagx
The one and only
The one and only
avatar

Male Number of posts : 89
Age : 26
Location : Atlantic Canada
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Welcome to history my comrades.

What, were you all expecting this NOT to happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://caracc.blogspot.com/
~Sgt-Jay~
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1023
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm

he only won cause hes black

its not about people not being racist, its about more black people in america :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MC
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 65
Age : 28
Location : Rego Park
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:56 pm

It was a pretty amazing occasion. It was hard not to feel quite inspired by it all. I guess it is very significant for the world.

I felt quite moved when they showed some footage of the civil rights campaigners being attacked in Birmingham. I studied it during History, but I had never seen any actual footage before - to think that was about fifty years ago. And what has been achieved since then. It is incredible.

Already in talks of shutting down Guantanamo bay. To be honest, I don't think shutting down Guantanamo is a good idea. As it is, it seems to be that it is merely a 'symbolic' action of washing away the Bush presidency. Aren't we supposed to be 'beyond' such pettiness?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
avatar

Male Number of posts : 432
Age : 98
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:17 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
he only won cause hes black

its not about people not being racist, its about more black people in america :P

I live near atlanta. You'd be surprised just how retarded they can look when they're screaming "WE BE BALLIN' WITH OBAMA BITCHIZZ"

I much favor him to McCain/Palin, mostly because of what a FAIL Palin is, but there's no way he would have won were he white. The only reason some people voted for McCain was because they thought Palin would be a nice buddy to have, on the other hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyxleo
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Gitarooman wrote:
Onyxleo wrote:
*Shrug* I don't really like him but I have to put up a front for just about everyone I know since they practically worship President Obama. =P As much as I can tell he isn't even American and is going to turn the country socialist. (I can say such things because I'm black and can get away with it. :=P: )

But *shrug* I barely get into politics so I don't know much. Flame me if you will but I'm not going to retort since.... That's basically all I have to say. XD

/facepalm.
/facepalmed so hard, I'm gonna need stitches.


*point*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
avatar

Male Number of posts : 432
Age : 98
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 pm

MindChamber wrote:
It was a pretty amazing occasion. It was hard not to feel quite inspired by it all. I guess it is very significant for the world.

I felt quite moved when they showed some footage of the civil rights campaigners being attacked in Birmingham. I studied it during History, but I had never seen any actual footage before - to think that was about fifty years ago. And what has been achieved since then. It is incredible.

I can't stand people who put Obama on the same level as civil rights leaders.
They GAVE THEIR LIVES to protect their beliefs.

Obama just-so-happened to be half black.

It's nice to say that he's the product of their work, but don't say he accomplished something by happening to have a mom who had a thing for teh black cockz. He didn't overcome anything. In fact, being black HELPED him tremendously. Being president is a huge accomplishment, but he didn't "overcome" and "prejudices".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega
Title stealer >:(
avatar

Male Number of posts : 391
Age : 28
Location : Welshland
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
he only won cause hes black

Most probably yea.

but the man also had a damn good campaign.

As for McCain, I found it funny people mostly said he's just like bush, which I thought wasn't very true, I'm sure if he one the election back then he would had done a much better job than bush, as for Palin, what a disaster would she had been if she ever became president.

_________________
g2g forum suxs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
avatar

Male Number of posts : 479
Age : 26
Location : Cubetoons
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Mega wrote:
As for McCain, I found it funny people mostly said he's just like bush, which I thought wasn't very true, I'm sure if he one the election back then he would had done a much better job than bush, as for Palin, what a disaster would she had been if she ever became president.

This. I actually liked McCain, but he probably would have died within a week and put Palin in power, and that I'm not okay with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
BennyboyNZ
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 428
Age : 25
Location : Old Zealand
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:54 am

Sarah Palin didn't really know what she was doing anyway, by the sounds of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eat box
Master of noms
Master of noms
avatar

Male Number of posts : 659
Age : 24
Location : IN NEW YOOOOORK. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH LYYYRIIICS
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:16 am

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
he only won cause hes black

its not about people not being racist, its about more black people in america :P
...*facepalm* It's because he ran a good campaign. ...And the young vote. It's not even like he won by a landside either. >.>

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
avatar

Male Number of posts : 432
Age : 98
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:24 am

Eat box wrote:
~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
he only won cause hes black

its not about people not being racist, its about more black people in america :P
...*facepalm* It's because he ran a good campaign. ...And the young vote. It's not even like he won by a landside either. >.>

No, seriously. Go down to any city with a significantly black population. I'm pretty sure the kids at my school go OUT OF THEIR WAY to act stereotypical. I know 6-7 black kids who I can't qualify as "gangsta", and I know about 2 "gangsta" kids who I can't qualify as "retarded".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eat box
Master of noms
Master of noms
avatar

Male Number of posts : 659
Age : 24
Location : IN NEW YOOOOORK. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH LYYYRIIICS
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:37 am

I'm not saying he didn't get the black vote. The black population is somewhere around 20%.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JKR
The Real Deal!
The Real Deal!
avatar

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 am

MindChamber wrote:

Already in talks of shutting down Guantanamo bay. To be honest, I don't think shutting down Guantanamo is a good idea. As it is, it seems to be that it is merely a 'symbolic' action of washing away the Bush presidency. Aren't we supposed to be 'beyond' such pettiness?

Politics will never be over pettiness. It's how it continues to be, sadly.

That said, a public display of changing direction is not all bad. It gives people something concrete to see instead of just talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Obama president na!"   

Back to top Go down
 
"Obama president na!"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Challenge 2: "Shagadelic 70's!"
» "Growing In Kindness" is now available
» Help identifying stoneware signature "S A H"
» "Trailer Park Boys"
» "The Victorian Affair." (Character Creation) RELOADED

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cube :: Generally speaking :: Battle Zone-
Jump to: