Le Cube

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

HTML5: The future of the Internet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:29 pm

In case if you have not heard, there has been some recent controversy over the Apple iPad not supporting Flash. Now why does it not have a Flash Player? Because it plays HTML5 because Apple believes that it is the future. And Apple is not alone in that category. Even MICROSOFT believes that it is the future. Now if you want to see how HTML5 works, go on any browser that is either Google Chrome, IE, or Safari (because Firefox doesn't support HTML5, yet) and you can opt-in the HTML5 Beta. In the short time using Chrome, I was in it, and it was spectacular. Videos loaded fully in seconds, I can't say enough about it. Definitely worked better than Flash Player. So yes, I do believe HTML5 is the future.

More Info on HTML5
Back to top Go down
Jordohio(.net)
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member

Male Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:36 pm

HTML5 never worked for me on IE, and I wasn't going to download Chrome just for that reason.

But, I was able to use it on my mother's computer and it was indeed amazing. This is going to change the internet as we know it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jordohio.net

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Jordo wrote:
HTML5 never worked for me on IE, and I wasn't going to download Chrome just for that reason.
That's because to get it to work on IE, you need to install this.
Back to top Go down
Jordohio(.net)
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Papytendo wrote:
Jordo wrote:
That's because to get it to work on IE, you need to install this.
I did. Twice.

It still didn't work.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha!

Apple believes it's the future?! BULL SHIP! (That's a ship shaped like a bull, see.)

No, Apple "believes" in HTML 5 because HTML 5 won't kill the App Store. Flash WOULD. In Flash you can do everything the Apps do, except more and better. So yeah, THAT is why Apple is backing HTML 5.

Future my aunt's fanny...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:05 pm

-JKR- wrote:

Apple believes it's the future?! BULL SHIP! (That's a ship shaped like a bull, see.)

No, Apple "believes" in HTML 5 because HTML 5 won't kill the App Store. Flash WOULD. In Flash you can do everything the Apps do, except more and better. So yeah, THAT is why Apple is backing HTML 5.

Microsoft has backed it too ya know, that pretty much means that this is probably the beginning of the end for Flash.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Papytendo wrote:
-JKR- wrote:

Microsoft has backed it too ya know, that pretty much means that this is probably the beginning of the end for Flash.

And do you know why MS is backing it? A little thing called "Silverlight". It's a program that is... Flash. By Microsoft. They want to take over Flash with their own system. Fun, huh? That's MS for you.

Honestly I don't even really CARE, it's just that's why these companies are doing these things.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Sat May 01, 2010 6:22 pm

-JKR- wrote:
Papytendo wrote:
-JKR- wrote:

And do you know why MS is backing it? A little thing called "Silverlight". It's a program that is... Flash. By Microsoft. They want to take over Flash with their own system. Fun, huh? That's MS for you.

Honestly I don't even really CARE, it's just that's why these companies are doing these things.
Wait, if they want to take over Flash with Silverlight (Which who knows why it was created), then why did they join in the HTML5 bandwagon with Apple and Google. But JKR, the point here is that HTML5 loads things faster than Flash (To be more specific, loads ten minute Youtube videos in seconds). And considering Youtube is probably 90% of all Flash player usage and is switching to HTML5 in the future, this will probably be the future.
Back to top Go down
Jordohio(.net)
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Sat May 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Papytendo wrote:
-JKR- wrote:
Papytendo wrote:
-JKR- wrote:

Wait, if they want to take over Flash with Silverlight (Which who knows why it was created), then why did they join in the HTML5 bandwagon with Apple and Google. But JKR, the point here is that HTML5 loads things faster than Flash (To be more specific, loads ten minute Youtube videos in seconds). And considering Youtube is probably 90% of all Flash player usage and is switching to HTML5 in the future, this will probably be the future.
To answer the question about Silverlight: Microsoft created it so users could have a more 'user-friendly' experience with their website and their products. That's about it.

And, as Papy mentioned, it does load things WAY faster than Flash. And I mean, WAY faster.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   Sat May 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah but HTML5 is extremely limited compared to Flash. I'll take the games and such over the speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HTML5: The future of the Internet?   

Back to top Go down

HTML5: The future of the Internet?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1