Scarlett Johansson is way hot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stickman
Master of the EMP

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Mon May 10, 2010 6:02 pm

I don't need to see the film, just look at her in the trailer. Fap Fap Fap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe

Male Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Mon May 10, 2010 6:55 pm

It wasn't nearly as good as the first, but it wasn't that bad either.

DON'T CROSS THE BEAMS

I am Batman
I am Batman

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Mon May 10, 2010 7:04 pm

FlyingGiraffe wrote:
It wasn't nearly as good as the first, but it wasn't that bad either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Mon May 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Didn't see the first one, so probably won't see this one. Also Iron Man is the suckiest superhero ever.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Mon May 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Papytendo wrote:
Didn't see the first one, so probably won't see this one. Also Iron Man is the suckiest superhero ever.

What? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How is Iron Man stupid?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Mon May 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Dizzy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:

I never called him stupid. There is a big difference between stupid and sucky. And he sucks just because whatshisface doesn't have any natural superpower. He just bought an expensive suit.
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Tue May 11, 2010 5:19 am

Papytendo wrote:
Dizzy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:

I never called him stupid. There is a big difference between stupid and sucky. And he sucks just because whatshisface doesn't have any natural superpower. He just bought an expensive suit.
First off, he made the suit. He is extremely intelligent. Second off, are you saying Batman is sucky?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fordy

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 am

Iron Man > Batman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome

Male Number of posts : 560

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Tue May 11, 2010 7:14 am

Papy is slightly right. In the comics Iron Man isn't too interesting as a character (in my opinion), Robert Downey Jr just plays him well.

It's a pretty good movie. Not great but enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Tue May 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Paperboy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:
Dizzy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:

First off, he made the suit. He is extremely intelligent. Second off, are you saying Batman is sucky?
Batman is a buhzillion times better. And to be honest, I wasn't too sure how he got the suit because Iron Man sucks so much for me to care.
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Tue May 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Papytendo wrote:
Paperboy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:
Dizzy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:

Batman is a buhzillion times better. And to be honest, I wasn't too sure how he got the suit because Iron Man sucks so much for me to care.
Well really, their super-circumstances are similar (just in the fact that they essentially made their powers). The only difference is one dresses up as a bat and one dresses up as a...robot...I guess.

Though I do prefer Batman a, uh, buhzillion times more, I do think the first Iron Man movie was great, and that Downey Jr. played him to perfection.

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Tue May 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Robert Downey Jr. bleeds awesomeness.

Papytendo wrote:
Paperboy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:
Dizzy wrote:
Papytendo wrote:

What you just said makes no sense at all. None.

Iron Man and Batman are essentially the same person; Both uber rich, very strong, are chased after by women.

But Tony Stark is much more intelligent than Bruce Wayne, as Bruce Wayne depends on other people to make his stuff for him. Tony Stark both designs and creates his own stuff, and defends the world, not just a city. Tony Stark is also much more willing to remove criminal scum from the planet, where Batman leaves them to fight another day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Tue May 11, 2010 4:04 pm

the game is awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helma
Insignifigant Peon
Insignifigant Peon

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Thu May 27, 2010 1:54 am

I went to go see this with a friend on Saturday night. Now, I heard the film from others that this a step or two below the original, but I went in with an open mind. By the time the movie was over, I was more than satisfied. I was impressed. After achieving ultimate greatness in the original, they came oh so close at achieving it again. The film has a lot of differences from the original. First, we learn much more about Tony Stark's father than we ever did in the original. Its quite interesting. This film focuses more on Stark's alcohol problems as well, which director Jon Favreau wanted to focus more on, and brings even more depth into his character. Favreau has a much, much bigger role in this film than the original, and I absolutely loved his role in the film. We learn his character has a personality. The talented Don Cheadle replaces Terrence Howard as Rhodey,and I actually liked him better in the role. They both seem so different in the role. I really liked Scarlette Johansson as Black Widow, and she has a pretty unique fight scene in this film. She's a big star in a smaller role, but it works perfectly I think. Wonderful actor Mickey Rourke is raw and sinister as Whiplash, the main villain, and its a perfect fit. He does an absolutely perfect Russian accent. Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer is a good fit for the most part, although it was hard for me to take his character seriously after awhile. Samuel L. Jackson has a much bigger role in this film as Nick Fury (he had a credit ending scene in the original). The relationship between Stark and Pepper goes a little deeper in this film. Their relationship is so unique it baffles me. This film will make you laugh when it wants to. Its a fun film. The original is simply a great movie, and in the end, this is a very good movie. In a way it succeeds over the original, but for the most part it doesn't. It's missing some of the excitement and originality that made the original a truly great achievement in film. This is quite a bit different from the first, and you may not like how different it is.
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome

Male Number of posts : 560

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Thu May 27, 2010 4:25 am

Copy-pasted from IMDB. Sneaky bastard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228705/usercomments?start=10 Scroll down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stickman
Master of the EMP

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Thu May 27, 2010 5:02 am

The hype for Iron Man 2 to be great was pretty big, by me anyway. But i was let down considerably. Sequels are usually the ones that are much harder to get right and pull of, and Iron Man 2 nearly falls flat. The last thirty minutes are diabolically bad compared to the rest of the film, which, whilst it lasted, was pretty damn good. Things that could have certainly been improved upon were; Mickey Rourke as Whiplash, who i didn't think had enough screen time, and could have been fleshed out slightly better. The introduction of War Machine fighting alongside his ally Iron Man, was completely inappropriate as it made the climactic fight sequence corny and stupid. His fight with Iron Man at Starks home was also un called for, as if the director was adding the sequence just for the sake for a longer running time. Also, Starks witty personality died out pretty quickly, so we are left annoyed and pleading him to stop by the credits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   Thu May 27, 2010 2:30 pm

You sir, just summed all my feelings about this movie.

PostSubject: Re: Iron Man 2   

Back to top Go down

Iron Man 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1