The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backbreaker

Go down 
+4
Gman
Dizzy
Dagx
Stickman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Backbreaker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Fun Fact: This game is actually being made by a British Dev.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:09 pm

They shall be burnt alive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Actually, they should be honored for realizing ''Wow, this is so much better than what the rest of the country loves! We should make a game about this!''
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:41 am

Hmmm...how aboooout...NO.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:18 am

Papytendo wrote:
Actually, they should be honored for realizing ''Wow, this is so much better than what the rest of the country loves! We should make a game about this!''

is it made by Sumo
Back to top Go down
Fordy
Fordy

Male Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:14 pm

They probably don't even like it that much.

They've just seen that your sports videogames are abysmal, so thought they'd come and show you how to play your own game. Literally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Fordy wrote:
They probably don't even like it that much.

They've just seen that your sports videogames are abysmal, so thought they'd come and show you how to play your own game. Literally.
That's what we thought when we made PES. Wink Oh and Madden is made by Canadians.

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
Papytendo wrote:

is it made by Sumo
Nope. Made by NaturalMotion. Makers of the Euphoria engine used in GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaturalMotion

Last edited by Papytendo on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm

So Fordy, how was it?
Back to top Go down
Fordy
Fordy

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Well

I now have PODs BOOM stuck in my head alot, which is bad because I've been through several stages of that before this game...

The games good so long as on Pro, arcade is just too limiting. The quarters are too short (and no full match, wtf?) and I've gone entire quarters without touching the ball... then getting an interception at the start of the next quarter, and scoring an 85 yard touch down. Then not touch the ball again. xD

Maybe its just cause my defence strategies suck balls because half the time I have no idea what I'm doing, just clicking random formations and hoping for the best, and refuse to play on easy.

Offence is fun though. HUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I still have issues with the sport - for one it would be good if you could pass the ball after the initial... move Miffed but thats just the rugby in me talking. Another issue is ITS SO DAMN SLOW like the real thing. Does there really need to be a 30 second timer to snap, that the computer will often wait until there are 2 seconds left to do so? RAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAge.

SHOTGUN PASS FTW

Oh yes and tackle alley reminds me of bulldogs in primary school... ahhh those were the days. Except we didn't break each other in 2. My highscore is like 45thousand but thats without excessive showboating before taking people on.

Oh yeh and I tried that other recommendation of yours - Blur... didn't like it, theres a reason serious racers don't bother with power ups.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Fordy wrote:
Well

I now have PODs BOOM stuck in my head alot, which is bad because I've been through several stages of that before this game...

The games good so long as on Pro, arcade is just too limiting. The quarters are too short (and no full match, wtf?) and I've gone entire quarters without touching the ball... then getting an interception at the start of the next quarter, and scoring an 85 yard touch down. Then not touch the ball again. xD

Maybe its just cause my defence strategies suck balls because half the time I have no idea what I'm doing, just clicking random formations and hoping for the best, and refuse to play on easy.

Offence is fun though. HUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I still have issues with the sport - for one it would be good if you could pass the ball after the initial... move Miffed but thats just the rugby in me talking. Another issue is ITS SO DAMN SLOW like the real thing. Does there really need to be a 30 second timer to snap, that the computer will often wait until there are 2 seconds left to do so? RAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAge.

SHOTGUN PASS FTW

Oh yes and tackle alley reminds me of bulldogs in primary school... ahhh those were the days. Except we didn't break each other in 2. My highscore is like 45thousand but thats without excessive showboating before taking people on.

Oh yeh and I tried that other recommendation of yours - Blur... didn't like it, theres a reason serious racers don't bother with power ups.
First off, all time related issues are because IT IS A DEMO. DEMOS ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE FULL TIME LENGTHS OR GAMES FOR SPORTS. And it's supposed to go to 15 seconds after plays are selected. Oh and they will always wait to the last couple of seconds to start the play. And if you want a realistic racer, try iRacing.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:30 pm

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/showthread.php?t=9342

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I LOVE NATURALMOTION
Back to top Go down
Fordy
Fordy

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 am

That is one epic patch. Wow.

Like, they could just have easily have fixed all that, made a few more little tweaks and sold it as the next game in the series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 am

Fordy wrote:
That is one epic patch. Wow.

Like, they could just have easily have fixed all that, made a few more little tweaks and sold it as the next game in the series.
Yeah, it really makes me wonder what they are going to pack in to Backbreaker 2. And you just have to love NM for the effort they make, considering that everything in the patch is user suggested from their forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:13 pm

The patch came out and it is EPIC. FIXED EVERY COMPLAINT I HAD ABOUT BB. AWESOMES. And I am now 20th in the world at Tackle Alley, because I beat it. :D
Back to top Go down
Fordy
Fordy

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:11 am

Tackle Alley is the best thing about that game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backbreaker   Backbreaker - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backbreaker
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cube :: Media :: Videogames-
Jump to: