Le Cube
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Order in the court

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
avatar

Male Number of posts : 479
Age : 26
Location : Cubetoons
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:34 am

Hi, kids. I've been away for a while, because, you know, life. I miss frequenting good ol' CT, and this place never felt like a particularly good substitute to me. I suppose you make due with what you have, though, and with the store opening, I'm in a Fred kind of mood. So here's an attempt to fix some things.

Many many yonks ago, I promoted Dagx to administrator status to help take care of bureaucratic stuff when I wasn't here. Unfortunately, he fell victim to that "life" thing as well, and fell off the face of the Earth much like I had. I haven't even seen him on Facebook since I don't remember when. So: I need somebody to pick up the slack. Who wants to be an administrator? Seriously. Send me a message if you think you could handle it and won't vanish a week after being promoted. Or suggest someone else. I know who I can and can't trust, I'm just not here enough to know who is and isn't active/willing.

Also: I'm open to any and all suggestions for improvements here. And I mean ANYTHING -- aesthetics, atmosphere, rules, whatever. I can't say that I'm going to implement every single thing that every single person brings up, but I will read whatever you post in this thread or send me, so feel free to try.

Also also: the swear censor was a badly-implemented attempt to make the place friendlier to members who had left theirs turned on back at CT. It was never finished, and people dicked around with it a lot back when we were all admins, so you can't expect much. Should I fix it, or just get rid of it altogether, or what? I'm open to suggestions. I don't know if there's a way you can give people the option to turn it on or off, but I'll poke around the admin stuff when I'm feeling adventurous.

(If your idea is something you'd like to keep private, a private message will do just fine.)

Aaaaaaand go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
~Sgt-Jay~
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1023
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:31 am

may I suggest getting rid of most mods. i mean, they were just left over mods from when everyone was mods, and have just took the role without like, any work to get there... and causing bans which don't really deserve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fordy
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 691
Location : Engerlarrrrnd
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:37 am

I just want the fucking swear censor gone.

And I don't think I could do adminy stuff... FG maybe? Papy maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stickman
Master of the EMP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:42 am

Get rid of the fucking censoring. And get rid of all the Mods because they have no idea what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega
Title stealer >:(
avatar

Male Number of posts : 391
Age : 28
Location : Welshland
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:44 am

Fucking dick duck puck jug.

_________________
g2g forum suxs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stickman
Master of the EMP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:45 am

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:42 am

Hmm, I would offer myself to become an Admin, but after what happened to Gman, I'm too scared. ._.

But then again, I would be a Democratic leader (I mean Democracy, not a Democrat)
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1023
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:43 am

its quite clear I should be the admin

cause.. I'm the person who stuck around the longest ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stickman
Master of the EMP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 am

If we're playing on that logic, I should be an admin.

>:3

Papytendo wrote:
Hmm, I would offer myself to become an Admin,
No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:39 am

Stickman wrote:
If we're playing on that logic, I should be an admin.

>:3

Papytendo wrote:
Hmm, I would offer myself to become an Admin,
No.
I said that I was too scared to. Calm down.

And JKR's been around longer than all of you.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Title stealer >:(
avatar

Male Number of posts : 391
Age : 28
Location : Welshland
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:42 am

My vote goes to Jay.

_________________
g2g forum suxs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stickman
Master of the EMP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 am

Papytendo wrote:


And JKR's been around longer than all of you.
JKR can't handle the pressure of babysitting all you braindead's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:48 am

Stickman wrote:
Papytendo wrote:


And JKR's been around longer than all of you.
JKR can't handle the pressure of babysitting all you braindead's.
Oh right.

Nervous
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 am

I wouldn't mind jay being an admin. He seems the most mature in a... really strange kind of way. Confused

Haha. But I don't care, I'm hardly a part of this 'community'.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:56 am

Jay would change the forum into a Sonic fan-forum, with Furry Porn. It would be madness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
avatar

Male Number of posts : 479
Age : 26
Location : Cubetoons
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:06 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
may I suggest getting rid of most mods. i mean, they were just left over mods from when everyone was mods, and have just took the role without like, any work to get there... and causing bans which don't really deserve it.

That's not true, actually. The mods are mods because TFC left them as such after removing all nine billion administrators, and I agreed with the people he chose. What kind of "work" are you supposed to do to be a moderator on an internet forum, anyway? And if they make the decision to ban someone, so be it -- I trust their judgement.

Stickman wrote:
Get rid of the fucking censoring. And get rid of all the Mods because they have no idea what they are doing.

Yeah, how dare they try to keep some semblance of order here?! Those bastards!

I can even look at Day Chat anymore because it's so stupid... All nonsense, all the time. It gets old, man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
Stickman
Master of the EMP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:08 pm

They don't keep order, they just remove anything they don't like, as opposed to following any kind of rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
avatar

Male Number of posts : 479
Age : 26
Location : Cubetoons
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Tits McGee wrote:
They don't keep order, they just remove anything they don't like, as opposed to following any kind of rules.

No, I've seen what they do. I don't disagree with any of it.

Also: your name now filters to "Tits McGee".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
Stickman
Master of the EMP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot that you were a twat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Sgt-Jay~
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1023
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:30 pm

nah Wraith

you're wrong.
The banning going on here has been borderline retarded.
Tits McGee got banned for like..absolutely nothing. Gman is just ban happy.

also, people have to earn the title of mod IMO. Like on the old forums, the people who became mods were chosen. Most mods here, didn't even like, know they was mods. Pretty much everyone was given a modship just cause, the forum was closing so... 'why not?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
avatar

Male Number of posts : 479
Age : 26
Location : Cubetoons
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Again, no, that's not true -- the people who are mods were left over after everyone had their administrator status removed way back. They were left specifically because they were the most viable moderator candidates. It's not like some random group of people just so happened to be allowed to ban. I never actually deleted this forum, you know. After the Fred forums closed, I just re-activated everything here, and the people who were considered trustworthy last time were again allowed modship. Nothing changed.

As for Stick, I don't blame Gman. Like I said: I've seen Day Chat, and it's pathetic. This is supposed to be a forum where people discuss things, not where you post seventeen stupid innuendos and a suggestive Youtube video. If I'm not mistaken, everyone here is over the age of eight, so it would be nice if we could be grown-up now and again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
~Sgt-Jay~
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1023
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:53 pm

again

people taking the forum too seriously.
the fact is this isn't CT, and people know that. that's why when mods act like knobs, it seems stupid.

the thing is, CT is over, dead. the only thing this has in common with the old forums is it has a cube in the title.

when does the forum stop being fun? when people like Papy start ranting when people post random stuff.
when people start modding and banning people when no one cares, and there's only 5 people posting anyway.

the only reason this forum exist is because the people like each other. who gives a crap if there isn't a deep convo on day chat. who in the right mind, goes here to have a deep convo?

no one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
avatar

Male Number of posts : 479
Age : 26
Location : Cubetoons
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 pm

That's just the thing: the reason that only five people post here is because the conversation sucks. Maybe you and Tits McGee find it entertaining, but that doesn't make it any less stupid, and it's really almost depressing. You have no idea how many messages I've got complaining about how irritating it is trying to post here, or how childish people act. Have you ever wondered where all the other members went to? Anywhere but here, and it's because of reasoning like yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:59 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
when does the forum stop being fun? when people like Papy start ranting when people post random stuff.
I stopped for that exact reason, which is why I haven't done it in a while because I remember how pissed I was at Jordo when he used to do that.

Oh and everyone here is over the age of 12.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1023
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Wraith wrote:
That's just the thing: the reason that only five people post here is because the conversation sucks. Maybe you and Tits McGee find it entertaining, but that doesn't make it any less stupid, and it's really almost depressing. You have no idea how many messages I've got complaining about how irritating it is trying to post here, or how childish people act. Have you ever wondered where all the other members went to? Anywhere but here, and it's because of reasoning like yours.

cubetoons never had good conversations tbh.
maybe you just grew up. want more than The Cube has to offer.

and if people go on other forums, well, who cares.
probably wouldn't even recognise them anyway.

maybe when a new proper forum is made, then i will care.
but yeah, you can't just fuck off and then come back after like a year and think people will care about anything you have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Order in the court   

Back to top Go down
 
Order in the court
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Fluffy Mordheim warband: Order of the Hammers of Sigmar
» Court Intrigue: The Golden Dream
» Mail Order Bonsai Question
» Order of the Shadows
» The African Union vs The International Criminal Court (ICC)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cube :: Generally speaking :: General stuff-
Jump to: