Le Cube
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mailbag 51: Back in Style

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:21 am

http://www.fredthemonkey.com/mailbag/mailbag51/

I wish I knew what Sceb was referring to at the beginning of the video.

EDIT: No blinking. :O


Last edited by Papytendo on Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wii
Insignifigant Peon
Insignifigant Peon
avatar

Male Number of posts : 6
Age : 23
Location : Wisconsin
Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 am

Well all we know is that you have to punch dirt to build dirt? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-JKR-
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:09 am

You guys don't know Minecraft? I thought I was the last one to find out...

I have yet to play it, though. One day when I have some free time I will! (Aka never.)


Also you noticed the lack of blinking, huh? Here I was going to talk about that in a DVD commentary one day. But now it's already been discovered. Ah well... Yeah, the new way I do the cartoons makes it very hard to have blinking without animating it every time myself. I just didn't have time to animate it each go around myself, so I haven't put it into any of the recent toons.

I'll try to fix that for the next one. If I can manage it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Best
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 252
Age : 27
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Orion Spur, Earth.
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 am

I've not played Minecraft, but I caught the joke anyhow. As usual the mailbag was entertaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
avatar

Male Number of posts : 560
Age : 24
Location : Africa, at the bottom
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:40 am

Sceb's eyes felt kinda lifeless. They used to move around a lot more with the old design, but not so much here. It was a bit awkward at times.

Other than that, good cartoon. Fred's cast was awesome, it was really satisfying after following all your Facebook bits.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 pm

-JKR- wrote:
You guys don't know Minecraft? I thought I was the last one to find out...

I have yet to play it, though. One day when I have some free time I will! (Aka never.)


Also you noticed the lack of blinking, huh? Here I was going to talk about that in a DVD commentary one day. But now it's already been discovered. Ah well... Yeah, the new way I do the cartoons makes it very hard to have blinking without animating it every time myself. I just didn't have time to animate it each go around myself, so I haven't put it into any of the recent toons.

I'll try to fix that for the next one. If I can manage it.
I do know Minecraft, and I hate it because of their rabid fans.

And what Gman said.

EDIT: And now you have to mention me when you do talk about it in a dvd commentary one day.


Last edited by Papytendo on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Male Number of posts : 369
Age : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Sweet, I got the reference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega
Title stealer >:(
avatar

Male Number of posts : 391
Age : 28
Location : Welshland
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:29 pm

I like how these make me laugh.

_________________
g2g forum suxs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:43 pm

So, when will this be uploaded to Newgrounds?
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:18 pm

This will hit Newgrounds and YouTube at a later time. YouTube next week, and Newgrounds I have no idea. I thought about it today, but didn't have an icon on hand.

Mailbags have done historically poorly on Newgrounds, and I hesitate to put it there because then I have to respond to 20 comments saying "You suck you ripped off Homestarrunner!!!1!" Sigh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Best
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 252
Age : 27
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Orion Spur, Earth.
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:24 pm

We all know Newgrounds isn't exactly the best in terms of mature comments, but is it really that bad JKR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prplmonkey
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 45
Location : Sulking in My Corner
Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Best wrote:
We all know Newgrounds isn't exactly the best in terms of mature comments, but is it really that bad JKR?

Not to point out the obvious, but Youtube sucks just as well. Anyways yay new mailbag, I'll watch it as soon as i can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jordohio(.net)
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 459
Age : 20
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh yeah, my whole family approved of the new Mailbag.

Even people who have never seen the website before laughed, and noticed him from my shirt.

God, I swear I heard, "Why does he look different?" 20 times...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jordohio.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 pm

prplmonkey wrote:
Best wrote:
We all know Newgrounds isn't exactly the best in terms of mature comments, but is it really that bad JKR?

Not to point out the obvious, but Youtube sucks just as well. Anyways yay new mailbag, I'll watch it as soon as i can.
Yeah, but FtM is not as big on Youtube as it would be on Newgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Best
Senior Member
Senior Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 252
Age : 27
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Orion Spur, Earth.
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:23 am

prplmonkey wrote:
Best wrote:
We all know Newgrounds isn't exactly the best in terms of mature comments, but is it really that bad JKR?

Not to point out the obvious, but Youtube sucks just as well. Anyways yay new mailbag, I'll watch it as soon as i can.
But you DID point out the obvious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wiisnake
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:19 pm

-JKR- wrote:
This will hit Newgrounds and YouTube at a later time. YouTube next week, and Newgrounds I have no idea. I thought about it today, but didn't have an icon on hand.

Mailbags have done historically poorly on Newgrounds, and I hesitate to put it there because then I have to respond to 20 comments saying "You suck you ripped off Homestarrunner!!!1!" Sigh...

Usually if someone says you rip something off I'd just make a disclaimer before every mailbag for newgrounds that says inspiration from homestar. That way people might shut up about it, that or I just intentionally make a rip off character and call him the totally original character of the day where every other character points out he's a ripoff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-JKR-
Hero Member
Hero Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:37 pm

The thing is, I normally put in the description that it was Homestar inspired! People don't like to read/listen. Ah well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wiisnake
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:04 pm

-JKR- wrote:
The thing is, I normally put in the description that it was Homestar inspired! People don't like to read/listen. Ah well...

Well then I'd include a snarky disclaimer in the cartoon, with the lines "and I look forward to people immedietely disregarding this message and telling me I ripped something off anyway"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   

Back to top Go down
 
Mailbag 51: Back in Style
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Gerard Butler came back to Belgrade, but was not reported to any girl
» Large Oriental Style Planter
» Generalizing Mordheim! (RPG-style)
» Scottish Style Awards - Oct 31
» Unmarked stoneware footed bowl - Lucie Rie style

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cube :: Media :: Fred The Monkey!-
Jump to: