The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Unleashed

Go down 
+12
MC
FlyingGiraffe
Underqwertyuiop
Wii-Lover
Mr. Daniel Goss
Linkred2
Wraith
~Sgt-Jay~
TFSM
Onyxleo
Paperboy
Mega
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who's more annoying?
Chip
Sonic Unleashed Vote_lcap39%Sonic Unleashed Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Omachao (Yes I know he's not in this game.)
Sonic Unleashed Vote_lcap39%Sonic Unleashed Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Those Damn Villages
Sonic Unleashed Vote_lcap22%Sonic Unleashed Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:54 pm

I bet allot of you got it.

Whats it like?
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:53 pm

I can't wait to get it...
Back to top Go down

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Nintendrus wrote:
I just played Sonic Unleashed, the were hog levels are better than some website says.

However, this game is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Onyxleo
Onyxleo

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 8:56 am

I'm waiting for the 360 version. =P

As much as I love getting wii games, I just can't buy it knowing that I'm missing out on like, 4 levels and hub worlds. =P

Its ironic how sega was talking about how there aren't that many good games on the wii a few months ago, Yet they go around and do this. XD
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 8:59 am

Onyxleo wrote:
I'm waiting for the 360 version. =P

As much as I love getting wii games, I just can't buy it knowing that I'm missing out on like, 4 levels and hub worlds. =P

Its ironic how sega was talking about how there aren't that many good games on the wii a few months ago, Yet they go around and do this. XD
... It's already on the 360...
Back to top Go down
Onyxleo
Onyxleo

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:01 am

Its out already? o_O I thought the PS3/360 versions came out closer to Thanksgiving...
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 am

Dunno about the states but it aint out here yet.
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 am

Onyxleo wrote:
Its out already? o_O I thought the PS3/360 versions came out closer to Thanksgiving...
In the states, the 360 one is out. The PS3 one comes the 12th of december
Back to top Go down
TFSM
TFSM

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 7:12 am

here's my review

when starting it you do supa speed sonic timez :D but those levels are so quick... so your all like yay that was a super fun 5 seconds D: Then the werehog levels, were it's all like Hey mister scary monster (The red thing actually calls him that.... must be bad for sonic's self esteem) kill those guys and move forward! oh and did I mention that mister scary monster guy is INCREDIBLY SLOW?! But after a while the werehog levels start to grow on you. The bosses are pretty fun when your werehog!

I give this game a good 8/10
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:49 pm

TFSM wrote:
here's my review

when starting it you do supa speed sonic timez :D but those levels are so quick... so your all like yay that was a super fun 5 seconds D: Then the werehog levels, were it's all like Hey mister scary monster (The red thing actually calls him that.... must be bad for sonic's self esteem) kill those guys and move forward! oh and did I mention that mister scary monster guy is INCREDIBLY SLOW?! But after a while the werehog levels start to grow on you. The bosses are pretty fun when your werehog!

I give this game a good 1000/10
You mean Chip/
Spoiler:
?
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:01 pm

Right, I wrote a review of it.

Quote :
So, the next Sonic game is here. After the previous Sonic game on the 360 I wouldn’t blame you for assuming this game is terrible. And after seeing and reading about the Werehog, I wouldn’t expect you to think the Werehog would be good. It’s been two years since the last ‘next-gen’ Sonic game, so have Sonic Team finally got it?

The gameplay is split into 2 main phases:
Day levels
Night levels
As you are probably aware, you play as the classic Sonic at day, and the Werehog at night. The Sonic levels consist of running from point A to B. Sonic team have tried to start afresh with new gameplay mechanics and a new engine. And for the most part it has been a success. They have borrowed gameplay mechanics from Sonic Rush, Secret Rings and the original Adventure games, all working together in perfect harmony. Controls are rather simple and responsive. As the game progresses you acquire new skills as Sonic. Such as wall-jumping, stomping and Light Dashing; each of these open up new gameplay mechanics and allow you to take new paths on previous levels and generally expand on the already brilliant level design. Each level last from around 5-6 minutes roughly (although earlier levels will be shorter), the levels feel about the right length and are constantly adding new ‘gimmicks’, in short: they never get boring.

And now the night levels kick in, the dreaded Werehog comes into play. When first playing as the Werehog, you have very limited moves with only very basic attacks at your disposal. This generally makes the first few (about 2 levels) rather dull. But, as the game progresses the level design improves and combat becomes more varied and just overall a lot more fun. There’s a fair share of platforming in the levels (especially in the later levels). This mostly involves swinging, climbing and jumping on ledges, it works pretty well; it’s the sort of platforming which gaming has forgot about.

But, that isn’t to say the Werehog doesn’t have its problems; for one, once you become a high enough level, you will find yourself just doing the same move over and over again and ignoring the more complex moves. Blocking is pretty useless and it’s more efficient just smashing everything up before you need to block. When playing as the Werehog I had very little problem with the camera, however there was a few situations where the camera would hide where the next platform was, leading in a leap of faith. Each level takes around 20 minutes for the first play through, however when simply rushing through the level without exploring you’re looking at about 5-10 minutes per level.

In-between levels you are greeted to a Hub world, these vary in size although they are generally very small. There’s not much to do, you can talk to town folk and sometimes receive missions to do. Each world has a little mini story within, which unfolds when completing their missions, although they are not particularly interesting you get experience and items.

Giving a score for gameplay is difficult, on one hand you have the near flawless Sonic gameplay, and then there’s the Werehog, despite sounding negative on the Werehog- truthfully, it was just a bunch of fun and went above and beyond my expectations.
Gameplay: 8/10

The story is just light-hearted fun, but still has a interesting plot. It consists of the typical generic evil Sonic monster being awoken from the centre of the planet by Doctor Eggman. By doing this, the world has been split into so many different segments and the chaos emeralds have been drained from their power; and it’s up to Sonic to go around the world and restore the chaos emeralds power. Simple stuff, but obviously the plot unveils and theirs a fair share of plot twist.

The problem with the plot is, it tries to be cartoony and tries not to take itself too seriously, but when it does try to get serious it sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn’t really fit into the tone of the rest of the game. Cut scenes are plentiful and while some of them serve no real purpose they are fairly enjoyable to watch and keep the story moving along at a steady pace.
Story: 8/10

Onto the graphics; it’s stunning. The amount of detail is phenomenal, while running through the levels at break neck speeds, you can stop at any time, walk around and you will notice every segment of the level has extreme level of detail. There’s not a single part of the game where the graphics look poor, it’s the best Sonic has ever looked and quite possibly the best graphics ever to be in a cartoon platformer game.
Graphics: 10/10

Gone are the rock music, lyrics and Crush40.(there is still a song however)
Here you have traditional music; it’s what you would expect. Each world has a theme and a music style to go along with it. The daytime music completely captures the essence of utter speed and excitement, a nice feature is when reaching top speeds the music will slightly alter which does a good job of giving you a sense of just how fast you are really moving.
The music for the night stages are equally as good if not better, it’s all rather jazzy and ‘cool’. It defiantly fits the style of gameplay and the levels environments and just sets the tone perfectly. BUT, and this is a big but, every time you encounter a enemy the battle music will play, throughout the whole game the same tune will play; it is annoying.(because of this the score was lowered from a 9/10 to a…)
Music: 8/10

Once beating the game, there’s a lot to do. Each main daytime level has 9 missions each. (3 time attack, 3 ring collecting and 3 enemy destroying) and each night level has 6 missions (time attack and limited health). For the Sonic levels, these are a blast to play as each mission you learn the ins and outs of each level and by the time you have the missions done you will have aced the level.

Sadly, the same cannot be said for the Werehog, take into account each level takes about 10 minutes (rushing) , doing all the missions will take around an hour; an hour of playing the same level over and over without any new kinks to learn or ace, it’s OK but can feel like a chore if you wish to play through them all at once.

There is also a large amount of Sun and Moon medals to collect which are hidden in each level, they are mostly an annoyance as you generally find yourself going very slow through the levels to find them; and you need to find a lot of them to progress though the game.
That being said, despite the negative tone the missions for the most part are a blast to play through and extend the gameplay by a large amount..
Replay Value: 9/10

Final Verdict:
In my opinion this is the best 3d Sonic game, period. It takes the Sonic gameplay and almost perfects it. The games polished, fun and just a blast to play. If you hate the Werehog and won’t even give it a chance avoid this game. But, if you are willing to accept the game has a Werehog in it, and spend time with it, you might just realise it’s actually a lot of fun. If you are a Sonic fan and have been waiting for the big revival of Sonic, this is pretty much it. If you don’t like Sonic you might as well give it a try, because at the end of the day it’s just a very very good game.
Score: 8/10

Can't be arsed to read it? Well, it's the best Sonic game basically.
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:05 pm

I don't like how the people look. I like how they made Sonic look a little rubbery.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:07 pm

yeh, i never really thought about that, but it makes sense.
He looks more like the classic Sonic imo, but in making it cartoony it's got rid of the level of detail thus making him look outa plastic
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
yeh, i never really thought about that, but it makes sense.
He looks more like the classic Sonic imo, but in making it cartoony it's got rid of the level of detail thus making him look outa plastic
Yeah, a new cartoon classic Sonic
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:18 pm

The classic Sonic was already in cartoony style
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:36 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
The classic Sonic was already in cartoony style
I said new
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Meh His new look is great imo, I much MUCH prefer it to the previous ones.

I'll be renting the game next week, mostly on the basis of it being cheaper and I tend to keep games with online multiplayer these days. :/

I'm glad to see that this is a step in the right direction, lets just hope next time they take out the warehog or a gimmick and replace it with a separate knuckles / tails section with as little voice acting as possible.

Oh by the way jay, please don't tell me rouge shadow and big are in this game?
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:24 pm

Mega wrote:
Meh His new look is great imo, I much MUCH prefer it to the previous ones.

I'll be renting the game next week, mostly on the basis of it being cheaper and I tend to keep games with online multiplayer these days. :/

I'm glad to see that this is a step in the right direction, lets just hope next time they take out the warehog or a gimmick and replace it with a separate knuckles / tails section with as little voice acting as possible.

Oh by the way jay, please don't tell me rouge shadow and big are in this game?
Shadow is. Very Brief, but he's in it.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:19 pm

ah doodoo.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:40 am

er..shadow isnt in the game at all

apart from, on one of the pop quizzes his name is one of the options.
And on the city level his name is on a street sign but you'll never see it unless you look.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:34 am

Thank god for that.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Downloaded the demo, and I St. Elmo's Fire-ing love it.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:52 pm

I think the level is Apotos Act 2 in the demo

<,<

well if you do buy the game, which you should...

keep in mind the Werehog starts off a bit naff
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:55 pm

I knew they were gonna be the moment they showed it.

I'll still rent it though.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Well the thing is

Crash and Spyro have gone into beat em up style, and honestly... the Werehog has more depth and better game play than both those games.

It's not saying much really, but after the first few levels the Werehog becomes... good o-o
Theres like.. a lot of moves, like.. i dunno..over 30 probably. But the fact is once you learn the cart-wheel and big slam attack it's mostly just doing that <__<

But anyway... the Werehogs good, better than I was expecting but sometimes it's like.."oh jeese, another Werehog level already?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sonic Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic Unleashed
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next