The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!

Go down 
+5
Fordy
-JKR-
~Sgt-Jay~
Stickman
Calamity Cat
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Calamity Cat
Awesome
Awesome
Calamity Cat

Male Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-12

OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Empty
PostSubject: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 pm

I know, right?

So I'll post some arty stuff up here, constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated!
I don't really think I'm anything amazing, but hey.

OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! 24378_1256097127226_1373520523_30596759_998785_n
Just a silly little postcard I did.

OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! 29510_1303089582008_1373520523_30705170_7456649_n
A Character design.

OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! 29510_1303089382003_1373520523_30705167_449668_n
Self portrait.

-The Cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.carrotcakestudios.co.uk
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:51 pm

That pus got nice balls.
Back to top Go down
Calamity Cat
Awesome
Awesome
Calamity Cat

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks? Huh?
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:37 pm

I eat Carrot cake for breaskastssssa
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm

theyre awesome

2nd one gives off a Dr Who vibe
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

Male Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:24 pm

I like the top two a lot, but the third is too "South Park" for me. Obviously taller, but still has that vibe. Good job on the coloring, though. And the effect on the postcard!
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Got a problem with South Park JKR? Cause we can take this outside.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Eh, I'm a little tired of the style, that's all. A lot of folks got inspiration from the cut-out chibi look of it, and I'm just ready to see something new.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I think your just jealous cause you didn't come up with it first. Maybe you should make your new Fred like South Park.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Stickman wrote:
I think your just jealous cause you didn't come up with it first. Maybe you should make your new Fred like South Park.

I am often jealous of success. For example, JK Rowling, and Dan Brown. However I am ABSOLUTELY not jealous of the success of South Park. Do you know EASY it is to take the low-brow low road and become famous for being ***holes? Very, very easy. No, I will never be jealous of them. I would never, ever want to be them, because all the money in the world isn't worth that loss of my integrity. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:10 am

TBH, I've laughed more at South Park then I have FtM.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 am

Makes sense, it's targeted towards your age group and interests. I'd be shocked if you didn't enjoy SP.

You like posting the same thing in multiple threads, eh? First the wrestler, now the Calm Down Dear video...
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:52 am

Its just relevant dear.
Well, ftm is aimed at my age group and interests as well.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:29 am

Not like South Park is, Mr. Penis Signature.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:32 am

Well JKR, your target audience is the people on this forum. So think about that.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 am

Not really. Cubetoons target audience was the people on this forum. FtM not as much. It INCLUDES them, of course, but doesn't focus on them like Ct did. Ct was 100% about appealing to that audience, just as South Park is. FtM is about a broad reach, where as South Park never can be. Nor could Cubetoons. It was a very niche market. (Not using that as a negative, just stating it as it is.)
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 am

Well, tbh, the people on the forums were the only people who watched it anyway.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 am

Watched what?
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 am

Fred The Monkey.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 am

Lol, even now with zero updates it gets a few thousand hits a month. If we had that many people on the forums, I would have needed 100 mods.

No, you don't know your stats on this one. You're speaking only from how you see it without any data. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:37 am

That doesn't mean anything, my old site used to get over 500 hits a month, and thats without a fancy website or links with IGN.com.
Back to top Go down
Calamity Cat
Awesome
Awesome
Calamity Cat

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Well I didn't expect to come back and find my thread being used for Stickman and JKR to bicker Tongue

Incase your wondering, South Park hadn't even come to mind when making the picture, I was trying to make it look more like a puppet than a collection of paper.

And my view on South Park, It was funny, now it's ridiculous. End of argument.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Stickman wrote:
That doesn't mean anything, my old site used to get over 500 hits a month, and thats without a fancy website or links with IGN.com.
\

It means that "the people on the forums were the only people who watched it anyway" is bogus.

Calamity Cat wrote:
Well I didn't expect to come back and find my thread being used for Stickman and JKR to bicker Tongue

Incase your wondering, South Park hadn't even come to mind when making the picture, I was trying to make it look more like a puppet than a collection of paper.

And my view on South Park, It was funny, now it's ridiculous. End of argument.

Yeah, sorry about that derailment. I'm done with bickering, I just hate when people assume nonsense like he was. I'll stop.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:24 pm

-JKR- wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that derailment. I'm done with bickering, I just hate when people assume nonsense like he was. I'll stop.
Only because you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Calamity Cat
Awesome
Awesome
Calamity Cat

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Now your just trolling. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!   OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG! Calamity Cat's Art Thread!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next