The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Best
Best

Male Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-04-13

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Empty
PostSubject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Another obligatory thread for another of my obligatory addictions. Shifty

The STALKER games are a series of FPS's that are notable for the region they take place in, there difficulty, and the horror aspects involved with the game. All of this blends together to make a game that, despite the bugginess and poor graphics of the first two (and to a much lesser extent, the third title) creates a very appealing game.

I'm liable to die from an unforeseen pack of boars if I spend too much time stumbling around in the bushes, and I love it. I'm liable to die if I don't properly place my shotgun shells against the bloodsucker that just turned invisible, and I love it. I'm liable to die if I try approaching a group of bandits without making use of cover, and guess what? I LOVE IT.

STALKER 2 will be releasing sometime at the end of next year or so.

Last edited by Best on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Oh, and the Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat bundle is on sale on Impulse right now for a mere ten dollars. It's normally a fifty dollar purchase. http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W929
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

I feel so disheartened like 80% of the time I play STALKER.

I always die and forget to save, and then I have to slowly work through and kill everyone again. Especially when I pretty much joined Freedom, making getting through the Bar a lengthy process.
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:31 am

You joined a faction? There's really no benefit to it, unless you REALLY like killing people.

And I've yet to really be disheartened by a death in this game. The closest I'll get is me quitting for a while and considering just what I did wrong, and then formulating some sort of plan in order to effectively take out the people who killed me. Typically involving me just being a jackass and using a silenced assault rifle with a scope and picking off the enemy very slowly.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 pm

I just decided to give joining a faction a shot. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and certainly serves to make the game more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:53 pm

I usually sit back and watch Duty and Freedom duke it out 'cause it's funny.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:30 pm

I like to shoot Duty members cause they're asses be tools. Peace dawg, them hoes be tools to the system!

Or maybe because I feel like Freedom has less rules. Tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:20 pm

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/stalker/

I don't see how you could go wrong for a dollar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series   S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
Page 1 of 1