The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driving time limit

Go down 
+4
Linkred2
FlyingGiraffe
ThatFancyChap
-JKR-
8 posters
AuthorMessage
-JKR-
-JKR-

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:01 am

On my trips to visit family in New Jersey, it takes a little over 6 hours to make the drive from Western PA. We make the trip a lot. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but no...

I think my personal limit for when I start to get sick of being in the car is about five hours. In terms of driving, I can't make it longer than three straight without some sort of break. Though I know some people who are fine with driving for 10 hours straight no problem.

What about you folks?
Back to top Go down
ThatFancyChap
ThatFancyChap

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:03 am

It depends. If it's a car ride with my younger sister, little more than an hour. But in general, I haven't really found trips uncomfortable. Then again the longest I've been in one for is less than 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:18 am

Depends on whether it's in traffic and if we get stops every so often. I'd say maybe 4 hours before I get antsy (I love that word) and after 5 I'd really hate it.

I once had to make a 12 hour car trip, from...I forget where, but I know we were headed for Canada. It was horrible.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:46 am

7 Hours top, to which most of the time I sleep halfway through if I'm not driving, thankfully most car trips around here that would require that have an airline option as well.
Back to top Go down

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:35 am

Once a year we make a trip to my Great Grandmother's house from Northeastern PA to Central Illinois. (i.e. 14 hours)

It wouldn't be so bad, but PA is a bitch to drive through. And lately when we have been doing it, we took time to stop in Sandusky to split the trip in half.

Back to top Go down
Jordo
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member
Jordo

Male Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:48 am

Papytendo wrote:
we took time to stop in Sandusky to split the trip in half.
ohai. Nervous

Anyway, I just hate car trips in general. Hecks, I hate going to Toledo, unless I have my laptop to pass the time. And Toledo is only like.. 45 minutes away. Though, every year, it seems one of my parents goes out of state and I have to come along with them. The time is usually a 4-5 hour drive, or 2-4 hour plane ride. Blah.
Back to top Go down
http://jordohio.net

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:52 am

You guys are babies.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 pm

The trip from where I am to Seattle is usually pretty alright, right up until the end -- I lose patience after 7 - 8 hours, and that happens to coincide with getting right into the heavy traffic just outside the city itself. It sucks, because it takes another hour or so to get anywhere, and it's always the longest hour of my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
-JKR-
-JKR-

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Today I drove for about 5 of the 6 hours, and it was pretty miserable by the end. The only reason I made it that long was that I had a football game on the radio to distract me.

Of course now my head hurts and I feel like passing out.
Back to top Go down
prplmonkey
prplmonkey

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:10 pm

30 minutes top, and then I'll spontaneously combust. Strangely even though I hate cars and what they stand for, I've always wanted to go on a roadtrip with friends.
Back to top Go down

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm

prplmonkey wrote:
30 minutes top, and then I'll spontaneously combust. Strangely even though I hate cars and what they stand for, I've always wanted to go on a roadtrip with friends.
Well of course you would, then you are having fun with your friends.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:39 pm

I make a 14-hour drive (during the winter usually around 16.) to Utah 3-4 times a year to go visit family, and I don't mind them at all. Roadtrips are pretty nice, as long as I can have a bit of space.

Which is weird, considering that trip is made in a van that fits 7-people with 6 people inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Driving time limit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driving time limit   Driving time limit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driving time limit
Page 1 of 1