The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic Unleashed

Go down 
+12
MC
FlyingGiraffe
Underqwertyuiop
Wii-Lover
Mr. Daniel Goss
Linkred2
Wraith
~Sgt-Jay~
TFSM
Onyxleo
Paperboy
Mega
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who's more annoying?
Chip
Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Vote_lcap39%Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Omachao (Yes I know he's not in this game.)
Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Vote_lcap39%Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Those Damn Villages
Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Vote_lcap22%Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:53 am

Well Finally finished the game, and well I guess I might as well give my full opinion on the thing.

Graphics
Outstanding, I love it, suits the franchise perfect, I hope they stick to it but knowing sega they'll try and revamp the franchise by 2010, cut scenes are great and in game graphics aren't far off, Sega animation studios went poo out on this game. 9/10

Sound
Also great, original tracks no cheesy rock music and all of it perfectly suits the game, the only real downside to the sound are possibly parts of the warehog stages but that's just me. 8/10

Story
story is meh, pretty much like the rest of the games of late, a attempt at a epic plot that's beyond life it's self, still dont know what happened with just freeing little animals from a fat man but it doesn't bother me much, the only issue is that such a plot needs voices, and good old 4kids comes in and fucks it up big time as usual with the WORST voice acting I have ever seen, and I mean that, the worst. thankfully the option to change the language improves on this making the characters likeable even though you cant understand them (chip is actually cute and lovable in Japanese unlike the english counterpart). 4/10

Gameplay
This is where it gets tricky since this game seems to have loads of different gameplay elements and types, so I'm gonna comment on them differently. The sonic parts are the same as they've always been only this time fixed, glitches and cheap deaths are no more, well I wish I could say that about the later levels but it's now actually playable and probably as good as it's gonna get, the 2.5D parts are great and improve the game greatly. The warehog parts are well, long. they're boring at first bt pick up after you level up and are actually quite enjoyable. Hub worlds, they're not really as much a pain as people put it out to be, but it does get annoying when using sonic. I liked most of these modes, but the only thing that really pissed me off was the inclusion of collecting, throughout the game you need to pick up specifit items throughout the game and to me this was a pain in the ass, not so much with the warehog levels but for the sonic ones it spoilt them, it really did, I'm trying to travel at high speeds and at the same time worried if I missed one of the items, and you need to make sure you have at least 80% of them if you want to carry on playing.
Also the lives system just feels unneeded and redundant now, it just serves to piss you off and waste your time, doesnt really add an more challenge.
5.5/10

Overall

For me the whole time I was torn between wanting to like it and wanting to give up, It's a half good half bad game, like jay mentioned it really is the best 3D sonic made, it's good looking it's presentable, but still not the great sonic game we're looking for, it's a major improvement but still isnt quite there, I'd recommend trying to beat it, but I wouldn't loose sleep over it.
6.5/10
Back to top Go down
Underqwertyuiop
The Guitar Hero
The Guitar Hero
Underqwertyuiop

Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:44 pm

The game makes me think about the people that designed the werehog levels and after finishing it went, "Yep, people are gonna love this in a SONIC game". I have the strangest feeling that they're retarded. :superawesome:
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

Male Number of posts : 432

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Mega wrote:

For me the whole time I was torn between wanting to like it and wanting to give up, It's a half good half bad game, like jay mentioned it really is the best 3D sonic made, it's good looking it's presentable, but still not the great sonic game we're looking for, it's a major improvement but still isnt quite there, I'd recommend trying to beat it, but I wouldn't loose sleep over it.
6.5/10

Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Sonic_Adventure_2

Hi.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:45 am

Excluding nostalgia of course.

That and the rouge/knuckled and tails/robotnik stages loving pissed me off in that game.
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:07 am

MAN, that game had some kick-ass music.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:18 am

Sonic Adventure 2 is just damn terrible if you play it now
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:25 am

I found it the same with sonic adventures 1, but you gotta give credit to the DC controller.
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:57 am

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:

I have lost every ounce of respect for you. Compared to the poo controls sonic has now, that game worked incredibly well. The story was grand without being absolutely fucktarded, and Shadow was dark without being a gunslinging wrist slasher. The level design was great and the music really was INCREDIBLE. I have about half the soundtrack on my iPod.

SA1 doesn't hold up as well though >_>
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 am

haha...no

look, the Sonic levels were great.. but thats always the case.
But all the other characters were just the worst ever.. in any Sonic game...

Tails in a mecha?...no
Back to top Go down
MC
MC

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:27 am

Knuckles and Rouge sections were horrible, imho. Werehog sections were better than it. :P

What Sega have been missing is the awesome level design, who here remembers the closing wall on Hydrocity II, the Metropolis cogs and above all, the Ledge Jump on Wing Fortress? Sonic was cleverer than people gave it credit for, because it was so fast, nobody remembers the awesomeness that is more subtle.
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

Male Number of posts : 400

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:57 am

Peri wrote:
~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:

I have lost every ounce of respect for you. Compared to the poo controls sonic has now, that game worked incredibly well. The story was grand without being absolutely fucktarded, and Shadow was dark without being a gunslinging wrist slasher. The level design was great and the music really was INCREDIBLE. I have about half the soundtrack on my iPod.

I'm right there with Peri... I still play that game to today as I know he does too.
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:17 am

As a rule, I beat it twice yearly. :P
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:23 am

Peri wrote:
As a rule, I beat it twice yearly. :P

I normally beat it about once a year. It's just so amazing!
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 am

Peri wrote:
~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:

Can I rape your mum.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:34 pm

I miss chao gardens.

but yea, the levels in unleashed are definatly the best £D sonic levels there is, they look great accompanied by great music imagine secret rings levels only with more freedom and alt paths.
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:58 pm

Ugh! Sonic Unleashed is SOOOO addicting! If only the Werehog had better controls and this game would deserve a 9.? score! But the horrid controls knock the score down to like... 8.1
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:40 pm

wii?
Back to top Go down
MC
MC

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Lolwut
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Linkred2 wrote:
Peri wrote:
~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:

Can I rape your mum.

It's still GOOD, but the controls, graphics and voices weren't great to begin with...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:01 pm

Peri wrote:
Linkred2 wrote:
Peri wrote:
~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:

Can I rape your mum.

It's still GOOD, but the controls, graphics and voices weren't great to begin with...
*Highfives*

I played SA2 then SA1 the other day and I said "WTF?".
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:38 pm

All those in favour of Sonic 3 & knuckles HD Remix say I!
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:30 am

i would prefer a new 2D classic style sonic. (aka.. not a Rush game)
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:36 am

Sonic advance 4?
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:39 am

Linkred2 wrote:
Sonic advance 4?

Or Sonic the Hedgehog 4... I would like that better. And it would only be Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails. In 16 bit visuals. To be downloaded off of WiiWare, XBLA, and PSN. That would be God...
Back to top Go down
Peri
Lovable Rascal
Lovable Rascal
Peri

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:00 am

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
i would prefer a new 2D classic style sonic. (aka.. not a Rush game)

Are you SURE? I think I'd prefer having some crazy time traveling bitch talk to me for a half hour in between levels. It's the best part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Unleashed   Sonic Unleashed - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonic Unleashed
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next