The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How would you guys feel about a new forum?

Go down 
+7
Underqwertyuiop
Dizzy
ThatFancyChap
Wraith
Jordo
-JKR-
Gman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

New Forum?
Sure, we need some new meat.
How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Vote_lcap57%How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
NUUUUUU I LOVE THIS PLACE!
How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Need more details first.
How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Red_Fif for President!
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
-JKR-
-JKR-

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Well we'd need a place more like a board than a chat, right? Because if it was a chat, we'd all have to be there at once.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Okay, I typed it all out in Google Docs, but I have no idea how anyone would comment on it or discuss it. I made it public, but when I try to comment it doesn't let me.

I think maybe I'm just going to make it a blog post and we can have the discussion in the comments. Then everyone can easily talk, with replies and such.

I don't know, what other way could we do this so we don't all have to be on at the same time? Lol, we need a forum to talk about the forum. Tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

-JKR- wrote:
Okay, I typed it all out in Google Docs, but I have no idea how anyone would comment on it or discuss it. I made it public, but when I try to comment it doesn't let me.

I think maybe I'm just going to make it a blog post and we can have the discussion in the comments. Then everyone can easily talk, with replies and such.

I don't know, what other way could we do this so we don't all have to be on at the same time? Lol, we need a forum to talk about the forum. Tongue
All right, it sounds good.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Okay, I finished adding it to the blog, and it will auto-update tomorrow so everyone can check back in then and comment away.

I warn you now to get a drink/snack ready because the post itself is 700 pages long. Maybe I should turn it into a novel when we're done. I wanted to be thorough and fully explain things from my end, so there you go. At any rate, if you have reading glasses tomorrow will be the time to bust them out.
Back to top Go down
Eat box
Master of noms
Master of noms
Eat box

Female Number of posts : 659
Location : IN NEW YOOOOORK. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH LYYYRIIICS
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Jordohio wrote:
I could host an IRC server on Jordohio.net that logs everything, as Eat Box doesn't know how to log messages.

If not though, yeah, Google Docs is fine with me.
I know how to, just not EVERYTHING. Only when I'm in there.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 am

Okay, join in the discussion over on the blog post about it. We'll keep the convo going there. Convo is short for conversation because I was too busy to bother typing out the word "conversation" and decided I would shorten that word (conversation) to convo.

http://www.fredthemonkey.com/blog/?p=333806
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:09 pm

I probably won't post my response until tomorrow, because I want to see what everyone has to say about it before I post my response and ideas.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Papytendo the Tea Girl wrote:
I probably won't post my response until tomorrow, because I want to see what everyone has to say about it before I post my response and ideas.

I WONDERED!

I was thinking "Huh, Papytendo is always the first poster to pretty much every blog entry, at least once, with replies out the wazoo. And he's the biggest supporter of a new forum! Where is he? ... I bet he's mentally preparing himself to have the Phillies lose tonight.

I hope he's not dead."

Glad to know you're okay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:12 pm

-JKR- wrote:
Papytendo the Tea Girl wrote:

I WONDERED!

I was thinking "Huh, Papytendo is always the first poster to pretty much every blog entry, at least once, with replies out the wazoo. And he's the biggest supporter of a new forum! Where is he? ... I bet he's mentally preparing himself to have the Phillies lose tonight.

I hope he's not dead."

Glad to know you're okay.
I'm fine. I did see the blog post at about 2 AM last night, but that is no time for posting coherent thoughts.

And I can't wait to see the Phillies take down the Pirates in person on Sunday. :P
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Big giant sad face at that game tonight. What the heck, Pirates... What the heck...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 am

-JKR- wrote:
Big giant sad face at that game tonight. What the heck, Pirates... What the heck...
If it makes you feel better, you guys get to hit against Cliff Lee tomorrow.

How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Tumblr_lop8ja2Qov1qdbbzro1_500

And I was watching part of the game on Root, and you guys have the most boring announcers. I actually see why people don't like baseball if they have to listen to announcers who are as quiet as a mouse talk every thirty seconds. :P
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 am

I guess I don't know any different. But alas, I suppose we're getting off topic for this particular thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 am

-JKR- wrote:
I guess I don't know any different. But alas, I suppose we're getting off topic for this particular thread.
Not anymore!
Back to top Go down
Eat box
Master of noms
Master of noms
Eat box

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Baseball sucks.

SO HOW'S THAT FORUM COMING ALONG?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Eat box wrote:
Baseball sucks.

SO HOW'S THAT FORUM COMING ALONG?
SPORTS!
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Baseball is fantastic in every way.

Dizzy's favorite sport. Also I happen to be amazing at it. I'm also modest.
Back to top Go down
Eat box
Master of noms
Master of noms
Eat box

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 am

It's okay if you find boring things exciting. No one will judge you.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:30 am

Eat box wrote:
It's okay if you find boring things exciting. No one will judge you.

You probably just don't care. For example, Nascar (to me) is extremely boring, yet many people love it. The difference? They care who wins and who loses. I couldn't care less. Another good example is soccer. Soccer played by good teams that you care which wins is amazingly exciting, because it's constantly moving with zero commercial breaks. But if you don't care who wins (or if you watch BAD soccer, such as peewee league or something) it's awful.
Back to top Go down
Eat box
Master of noms
Master of noms
Eat box

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:43 am

Lemme follow you here. You watch the sport to see who wins and loses, yes? Because you care for that particular team. That still doesn't make the actual game any less boring. It's like watching a staring contest tournament just to see if Poopface McGee comes out on top. As for the NASCAR thing, that's just rednecks wanting to see car crashes.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit of a dick. I tend to do that.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:58 pm

I find it weird that you think just because you, and some select people around you think certain things are boring that means the fact that the sport is boring is a universal truth.

I love baseball. Watching, playing, fantasy, whatever. You don't. What more is there to say? Its a subject based purely on personal preference, and it doesn't go beyond that.
Back to top Go down
Megu
Megu

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm

You know what else is boring? Waiting 12+ months for a forum update.

Again....
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:44 pm

You can make it fun! With or without alcohol!

You just have to believe really hard.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:02 pm

Megu wrote:
You know what else is boring? Waiting 12+ months for a forum update.

Again....

What forum are you waiting to update?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Eat box wrote:
Lemme follow you here. You watch the sport to see who wins and loses, yes? Because you care for that particular team. That still doesn't make the actual game any less boring. It's like watching a staring contest tournament just to see if Poopface McGee comes out on top. As for the NASCAR thing, that's just rednecks wanting to see car crashes.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit of a dick. I tend to do that.
Any sport is a contest just to see if Poopface McGee comes out on top. And don't get me started on NASCAR.
Back to top Go down
Eat box
Master of noms
Master of noms
Eat box

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Dizzy wrote:
I find it weird that you think just because you, and some select people around you think certain things are boring that means the fact that the sport is boring is a universal truth.

I love baseball. Watching, playing, fantasy, whatever. You don't. What more is there to say? Its a subject based purely on personal preference, and it doesn't go beyond that.
Again, no one is judging you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you guys feel about a new forum?   How would you guys feel about a new forum? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would you guys feel about a new forum?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next