The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Day Chat v 4.0

Go down 
+22
TFSM
antome
The People
Demacrez
MC
Schemilix
General Meevious
JKR
FlyingGiraffe
Mega
Underqwertyuiop
Wraith
Wii-Lover
Peri
Dizzy
BennyboyNZ
President Descriptor
Gitarooman
Gman
Linkred2
~Sgt-Gay~
~Sgt-Jay~
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member
Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Default4

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:37 pm

CrAzYdRuNk wrote:
So your saying that after these guys get out of college (which is generally when pro gaming careers end) that nobody will give them a job in their chosen profession, of which they earned a degree in while going to college because they were a gamer? I'm not talking about a job at some store, but about a job you have to be qualified for. No one cares what you did for a job before that, but how well your qualified. Which your college degree should say you are.

The only gaming course in college is game DESIGN.
Not gaming itself.

I really hope you're not thinking of a job in MLG yourself.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:43 pm

how about voice acting, in a videogame, there's no skill for that, just look at resident evil 1.
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Lmao, voice-actor would be the funniest job... as yeah, most games have absolutely awful voice actors... who also never really bother finding out the context for their role. I reckon just about any non-"professional voice-actor" could ace it. :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Gitarooman wrote:
CrAzYdRuNk wrote:
So your saying that after these guys get out of college (which is generally when pro gaming careers end) that nobody will give them a job in their chosen profession, of which they earned a degree in while going to college because they were a gamer? I'm not talking about a job at some store, but about a job you have to be qualified for. No one cares what you did for a job before that, but how well your qualified. Which your college degree should say you are.

Not gaming itself.

Just because the play games professionally doesn't mean they're gonna go get a degree in programming! They could go get any degree they wanted, seeing as MLG events only take place on weekends.
Back to top Go down
Gitarooman
"Normal" Member
Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Default4

Male Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:21 pm

CrAzYdRuNk wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
CrAzYdRuNk wrote:

Not gaming itself.

Just because the play games professionally doesn't mean they're gonna go get a degree in programming! They could go get any degree they wanted, seeing as MLG events only take place on weekends.

So...
So far, you've said that MLG is full time, and occupies a lot of a persons time.
Then you claim that it's part of college.
Now, you're saying it's none of the above?
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 220px-Rick_Astley-cropped
Boy has he changed.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Gitarooman wrote:
CrAzYdRuNk wrote:
Gitarooman wrote:
CrAzYdRuNk wrote:

Not gaming itself.

So...
So far, you've said that MLG is full time, and occupies a lot of a persons time.
Then you claim that it's part of college.
Now, you're saying it's none of the above?

No. I've said that MLG occupies weekends, so having a job would be difficult.
I never said anything about it being a part of college.
And I don't remember saying none of the above.

I'm all of a sudden confused about your confusion.
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:41 pm

Quote :
Boy has he changed.
Baww. :(
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Is it just me, or is this place really inactive? The real Cubetoons wasn't this inactive. ;_;
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:49 pm

... There were more people on CT... -_-

It's not bad for being so new though.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:58 pm

I find it surprising that we have so many loyal members still here. I thought everyone but me and T_T would forget and move on.

Only reason T_T because I kept reminding him. Little did I know MindChamber was on AiB too, in which case he told T_T about here.

I felt so empty without CT...
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm

It was indeed weird. I kept the site on my daily route... I would have learned about this place a lot sooner if my old email address held the same status. :=P:
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Wait did everyone get an email about this? Because I haven't checked my registered email in AGES. I've been using a new one for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:03 pm

No... the site is down, so people can't look at registered emails. People were contacted if other people had their contact details. I suppose Wraith found my email through emails sent when I notify people on the boards... because PM emails are from cubetoons.com.
Back to top Go down
President Descriptor
Master of Weirdery
President Descriptor

Male Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:45 pm

I was just lucky that I found this place before the blog went down...
Otherwise, I'd likely never be seen again as none of you have any contact with me outside of CT...
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:09 am

General Meevious wrote:
No... the site is down, so people can't look at registered emails. People were contacted if other people had their contact details. I suppose Wraith found my email through emails sent when I notify people on the boards... because PM emails are from cubetoons.com.

I sent you a message through Youtube. :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:46 am

Ahaha, that was thoughtful. I posted in that vid of you and meteshjj playing around with pressure, right?
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:02 am

Correct... So far as I know you don't really do MSN or AIM or any of that, so I racked my brain for a means to contact you and remembered that you left a comment on one of our videos. Youtube automatically sends emails to people when they receive new messages, so it actually worked pretty well. :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:38 am

What were your youtube accounts again :stare:
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

Male Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 am

I was extremely lucky to find Wraith's original link to this in JKR's blog. I'm never on MSN, and it's pretty much impossible to contact me...

Although I do have Beanz on Facebook. :stare:
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:22 am

the forum comes up like the 3rd one down on google for searching for 'Cubetoons'
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:24 am

That's how I found it.

Great, I just found my 3 year old nephew playing with my wii.

But not playing videogames.

Cry
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:05 am

When I first saw that I was very disturbed, until I realized what you meant. =P

Also, who here has a youtube account? Cause I have one, not really to post videos or anything though. To comment on other videos posted around forums.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

id imagine nearly everyone on the internet does
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:33 am

Just heard on the news that a kid in egypt was killed for not doing his homework, the teacher punched him so hard in the chest that he suffered a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Chat v 4.0   Day Chat v 4.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Day Chat v 4.0
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next