The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mailbag 51: Back in Style

Go down 
+5
Paperboy
Gman
Best
-JKR-
Wii
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Mailbag 51: Back in Style Empty
PostSubject: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:21 am

http://www.fredthemonkey.com/mailbag/mailbag51/

I wish I knew what Sceb was referring to at the beginning of the video.

EDIT: No blinking. :O

Last edited by Papytendo on Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wii
Insignifigant Peon
Insignifigant Peon
Wii

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 am

Well all we know is that you have to punch dirt to build dirt? lol
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

Male Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:09 am

You guys don't know Minecraft? I thought I was the last one to find out...

I have yet to play it, though. One day when I have some free time I will! (Aka never.)

Also you noticed the lack of blinking, huh? Here I was going to talk about that in a DVD commentary one day. But now it's already been discovered. Ah well... Yeah, the new way I do the cartoons makes it very hard to have blinking without animating it every time myself. I just didn't have time to animate it each go around myself, so I haven't put it into any of the recent toons.

I'll try to fix that for the next one. If I can manage it.
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

Male Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 am

I've not played Minecraft, but I caught the joke anyhow. As usual the mailbag was entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

Male Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:40 am

Sceb's eyes felt kinda lifeless. They used to move around a lot more with the old design, but not so much here. It was a bit awkward at times.

Other than that, good cartoon. Fred's cast was awesome, it was really satisfying after following all your Facebook bits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 pm

-JKR- wrote:
You guys don't know Minecraft? I thought I was the last one to find out...

I have yet to play it, though. One day when I have some free time I will! (Aka never.)

Also you noticed the lack of blinking, huh? Here I was going to talk about that in a DVD commentary one day. But now it's already been discovered. Ah well... Yeah, the new way I do the cartoons makes it very hard to have blinking without animating it every time myself. I just didn't have time to animate it each go around myself, so I haven't put it into any of the recent toons.

I'll try to fix that for the next one. If I can manage it.
I do know Minecraft, and I hate it because of their rabid fans.

And what Gman said.

EDIT: And now you have to mention me when you do talk about it in a dvd commentary one day.

Last edited by Papytendo on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Sweet, I got the reference.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:29 pm

I like how these make me laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:43 pm

So, when will this be uploaded to Newgrounds?
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:18 pm

This will hit Newgrounds and YouTube at a later time. YouTube next week, and Newgrounds I have no idea. I thought about it today, but didn't have an icon on hand.

Mailbags have done historically poorly on Newgrounds, and I hesitate to put it there because then I have to respond to 20 comments saying "You suck you ripped off Homestarrunner!!!1!" Sigh...
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:24 pm

We all know Newgrounds isn't exactly the best in terms of mature comments, but is it really that bad JKR?
Back to top Go down
prplmonkey
prplmonkey

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Best wrote:
We all know Newgrounds isn't exactly the best in terms of mature comments, but is it really that bad JKR?

Not to point out the obvious, but Youtube sucks just as well. Anyways yay new mailbag, I'll watch it as soon as i can.
Back to top Go down
Jordo
Seniorer Member
Seniorer Member
Jordo

Male Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Oh yeah, my whole family approved of the new Mailbag.

Even people who have never seen the website before laughed, and noticed him from my shirt.

God, I swear I heard, "Why does he look different?" 20 times...
Back to top Go down
http://jordohio.net

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 pm

prplmonkey wrote:
Best wrote:

Not to point out the obvious, but Youtube sucks just as well. Anyways yay new mailbag, I'll watch it as soon as i can.
Yeah, but FtM is not as big on Youtube as it would be on Newgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:23 am

prplmonkey wrote:
Best wrote:

But you DID point out the obvious.
Back to top Go down
Wiisnake
Wiisnake

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:19 pm

-JKR- wrote:
This will hit Newgrounds and YouTube at a later time. YouTube next week, and Newgrounds I have no idea. I thought about it today, but didn't have an icon on hand.

Mailbags have done historically poorly on Newgrounds, and I hesitate to put it there because then I have to respond to 20 comments saying "You suck you ripped off Homestarrunner!!!1!" Sigh...

Usually if someone says you rip something off I'd just make a disclaimer before every mailbag for newgrounds that says inspiration from homestar. That way people might shut up about it, that or I just intentionally make a rip off character and call him the totally original character of the day where every other character points out he's a ripoff.
Back to top Go down
-JKR-
-JKR-

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:37 pm

The thing is, I normally put in the description that it was Homestar inspired! People don't like to read/listen. Ah well...
Back to top Go down
Wiisnake
Wiisnake

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:04 pm

-JKR- wrote:
The thing is, I normally put in the description that it was Homestar inspired! People don't like to read/listen. Ah well...

Well then I'd include a snarky disclaimer in the cartoon, with the lines "and I look forward to people immedietely disregarding this message and telling me I ripped something off anyway"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mailbag 51: Back in Style   Mailbag 51: Back in Style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mailbag 51: Back in Style
Page 1 of 1