The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game of the Year [spoilers]

Go down 
+12
The People
Mega
Gitarooman
FlyingGiraffe
Linkred2
MC
General Meevious
Dizzy
Wraith
Wii-Lover
~Sgt-Jay~
Gman
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What, in your opinion, was the game of the year? (sorry, max options is 10)
Fallout 3
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
GTA IV
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Metal Gear Solid 4
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Rock Band 2
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Braid
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
No More Heroes
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Gears of War 2
 7% [ 1 ]
The World Ends With You
Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

Male Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Every single Guitar Hero game has been released in South Africa, without either Rock Band's. To quote the extremely wise Yahtzee:
Quote :
Get either this [GH World tour] or Rock Band because it honestly doesn't matter which. Although it's worth remembering that Harmonix are bigger jerks than Activision, which, as achievements go, has got to be worth some kind of medal...
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Quote :
Harmonix are bigger jerks than Activision

Couldnt be more wrong, and Yahtzee is a faggot
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:28 pm

He has the exact same opinions as me when it comes to video games (MMORPG's suck, Nintendo keep milking old franchises, Valve are amazing and Fallout 3 is very good). Say what you will, but I can't hate the guy... :=P:
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:32 pm

I only watch ZP not because of his smart opinions (which I really couldn't give a poo), but because he makes me laugh occasionally, also it's fun to see some people's ignorance but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Harmonix are slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow at releasing game abroad, although at least RBII came out in the UK at a reasonable time too bad they didnt bother to advertise it much.
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Wraith wrote:
I don't think RB2 is really GotY worthy (it is the exact same as RB1, and I know what people meant when they said that voting for rhythm games just doesn't seem "right"), but of the games I've played on the list so far, I liked it the most. So I voted for it even though it's not really Game of the Year. :P
Then it's perfectly reasonable for people to vote for Brawl, since people had the most fun with that over other games.

Wait, hold on, didn't you say last page that Brawl isn't GoTY worthy because it lacked the depth that other games had, yet you voted for Rockband 2 for GoTY? Isn't that a little hypocritical?
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:02 pm

To be fair, GOTY has been chosen already, this is just a CT one, so I guess any game is GOTY material here.
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 pm

King Mega wrote:
To be fair, GOTY has been chosen already, this is just a CT one, so I guess any game is GOTY material here.
True, very true.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:12 pm

FlyingGiraffe wrote:
Wraith wrote:
I don't think RB2 is really GotY worthy (it is the exact same as RB1, and I know what people meant when they said that voting for rhythm games just doesn't seem "right"), but of the games I've played on the list so far, I liked it the most. So I voted for it even though it's not really Game of the Year. :P
Then it's perfectly reasonable for people to vote for Brawl, since people had the most fun with that over other games.

Wait, hold on, didn't you say last page that Brawl isn't GoTY worthy because it lacked the depth that other games had, yet you voted for Rockband 2 for GoTY? Isn't that a little hypocritical?

I didn't say it wasn't reasonable for people to vote for it, I just don't think it's GotY worthy. I don't think RB2 is either, mind you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:15 pm

Amazing amount of Ninty bashing going on here. It's very interesting to see people's opinions on everything to do with the company change because they feel let down by certain aspects of it. Brawl is a great game, however much Nintendo might have betrayed you. It is nothing like Melee. That's like saying Galaxy is a Super Mario 64 clone; it just isn't. Brawl is the most ambitious game on Wii and while I doubt it's game of the year, that's not because it's a Melee clone, it's because Fallout 3 and GTA4 came out this year. -_-
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:02 am

If only MGS4 won...
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

Male Number of posts : 400

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:42 am

General Meevious wrote:
Amazing amount of Ninty bashing going on here. It's very interesting to see people's opinions on everything to do with the company change because they feel let down by certain aspects of it. Brawl is a great game, however much Nintendo might have betrayed you. It is nothing like Melee. That's like saying Galaxy is a Super Mario 64 clone; it just isn't. Brawl is the most ambitious game on Wii and while I doubt it's game of the year, that's not because it's a Melee clone, it's because Fallout 3 and GTA4 came out this year. -_-

I agree, but since I only own one next gen console and I loved Brawl to bits. It wins for me.
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:58 am

kfdwiki wrote:
I liked SBCG4AP: Season 1. Hey, JKR should do a game like that!!! (Although it would take a whole century......)
You've said that. Or maybe that was Grossman. Any ways, FTM isn't popular enough.
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:07 am

King Mega wrote:

Games I think that should also be on the list:

Cod:WaW (I'll add it)
L4D (personally, I don't think it's worthy)
LBP (I'll add it)
Dead Space (I'll add it)
Fable II (see L4D)
MKWii (That isn't going anywhere near my list... :stare:)

Uhh... I don't think it's possible to edit polls on this forum... :|
Back to top Go down
Fordy
Fordy

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 pm

The thing with GotYs are

Hardly anybodys going to own all 3 consoles, and played every single contender thorougly
And everyones got personal tastes
So for us to judge an official GotY is never going to work
its just going to come down to who enjoys whichever game theyve played this year the most, be it Rock Band 2 or Brawl <_<
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 pm

more people need to play MGS4 and GTA4
Back to top Go down
Paperboy
I am Batman
I am Batman
Paperboy

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 pm

King Mega wrote:
more people need to play MGS4 and GTA4
Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:24 pm

I played Fallout for 16 hours yesterday. :stare:
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Wraith wrote:
I played Fallout for 16 hours yesterday. :stare:

Just out of curiosity... is Megaton still there? :stare:
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:28 pm

I didn't blow it up, no. :P I actually killed Burke and got good karma for it.
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Pfft, karma shmarma. I blew it up and got 500 caps, plus a hotel room... :twisted:
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:37 pm

If you disarm the bomb, Lucas gives you the key to the uninhabited house in Megaton. :P I prefer it to the hotel room (which I got after killing Tenpenny... Good karma for that, too), honestly. And I kind of killed Burke after I told him I'd blow the town up... So I got money upfront. Bwa ha ha.

At this point I'm just getting irritated because no one has any caps left. I'm up to like 9,000 and have so much valuable crap that I need to get rid of, but nobody has enough money left to trade with.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Pft I blew up megaton got 500 caps then killed tenpenny and took his suit and hat.
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Wraith wrote:
And I kind of killed Burke after I told him I'd blow the town up... So I got money upfront. Bwa ha ha.

You only get the money after you blow up Megaton...

Wraith wrote:

At this point I'm just getting irritated because no one has any caps left. I'm up to like 9,000 and have so much valuable crap that I need to get rid of, but nobody has enough money left to trade with.

Really? I have around 12,000, and I still find people to trade with. It's usually just lone traders in the wasteland, but another good place is Rivet City.

King Mega wrote:
Pft I blew up megaton got 500 caps then killed tenpenny and took his suit and hat.

It is a fancy suit... :awesome:

Oh yeah, working as a slaver is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:45 pm

My karma is so high that every time I go to town, this random lady walks up to me and gives me stuff.

I like Megaton because whatsherface (the lady from Craterside Supply) is the best person in the game for repairing stuff... She can get it to like 54%, whereas everyone else is 49%.

I used my speech skill to get Burke to pay me extra and give me part of it upfront. :P

What I didn't understand is why Tenpenny had a sniper rifle with him...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year [spoilers]   Game of the Year [spoilers] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of the Year [spoilers]
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next