The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii

Go down 
+8
Linkred2
General Meevious
Fordy
MC
~Sgt-Gay~
Mega
Wii-Lover
~Sgt-Jay~
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fordy
Fordy

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Wii-Lover wrote:

The House of the Dead: Overkill Collectors Edition February
I'm loving the look of that game so much. :D

Also is the new Pikmin out late this year, or just the remake or something?
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Remake. They're working on a new one too though... according to the word of Miyamoto. :=P:
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:15 pm

I havn't had to much to complain about yet.

:stare:
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:26 pm

You know what the F U C K is the problem? Obsolete 3rd party games done by Turd People.

They take on the poor innocent (and otherwise retarded) mind of the recently gaming americans and blatantly use the Wii's ''revolutionary'' concept to MAKE MUNEE. They don't make games for 360 or Ps3 because those cost MONEY and they don't have much MONEY but with the Wii they can make ALOT of BAGS of FILTHY GREEN (depends on where you live) MONEY.

I don't know how it works, but aparently Microsoft and Sony have a shitty game detector which they feed it's victims to alien praire dogs in mars. Nintendo on the other side, while their own games for their seventh generation console are actually decent, their greediness was exceeded to the limits, Reggie himself said HOW FILTHLY RICH they were, he took like 10 minutes to make sure people knew for real, dawg.

So what Nintendo needs to please their fans is to go to whatever shitty company they receive games from (besides Sonic Team), go to their head of operations, kick them in the nards and GET THE FUTCH OUT.

of their approved company list.

Last edited by Linkred2 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Underqwertyuiop
The Guitar Hero
The Guitar Hero
Underqwertyuiop

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Holy poo, Wii has one loving bad year and people are whining their asses off and thinking their cool because they ditched Wii. PS3 had a terrible 2007, people made fun of it then, but it had a sorta better year this year. But a good year for PS3 was 3 loving games. Systems can have bad years people. And they can recover in the next year.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Well if the Wii doesn't shape up soon, I'm breaking in and converting totally Microsoft. At this point I'm insanely close to getting a 360, because I have a job in the spring, and I'm starting to play a bigger role in my family's new vinyl business which gets me a very large profit. (Seriously, we're selling things that cost like 50 cents to make, for 5$.) I might go for the Elite if all things go well.

Then the Wii. I've started playing Mario Kart Wii for hours at a time, and Brawl is still a priority in my games. All the music rhythm games are very fun, and of course I'm getting Sonic Unleashed soon. Now, that will last for awhile but things are starting to anger me. Many games for the Wii which have great potential and will be great on other systems, are ruined. James Bond: Quantum of Solace; Hailed in the early stages as the best James Bond game since 007 for the 64. Then it goes through drastic changes and its ratings drop to abysmal numbers. The list goes on. Nintendo I know is targeting the casual market, but can't they leave a bit for us gamers? Well, no.

I'll keep with Nintendo, but if things keep going in the direction they are, I'm making a move towards Microsoft. Nintendo has a place in my heart and everything, but I won't play systems it makes if things like QoS keep happening.
Back to top Go down
Underqwertyuiop
The Guitar Hero
The Guitar Hero
Underqwertyuiop

Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Oh, and the article complaining that Wii Play selling well is a bad thing, nobody bought Wii Play for the game. EVERYBODY bought it for the Wii-mote.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Linkred2 wrote:
You know what the F U C K is the problem? Obsolete 3rd party games done by Turd People.
So what Nintendo needs to please their fan is to go to whatever shitty company they receive games from (besides Sonic Team), go to their head of operations, kick them in the nards and GET THE FUTCH OUT.

Well since one of the biggest shovel ware developers for the console is Ubisoft it might be a bad idea for them since they also bring out some popular titles as well for the console.

From what sales are showing the shitty games aren't really selling well so for all we know they might die out early next decade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:16 pm

I almost laughed at this thread. :superawesome:
har har.
That's all I have for you now.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:03 am

Mega wrote:
Linkred2 wrote:
So what Nintendo needs to please their fan is to go to whatever shitty company they receive games from (besides Sonic Team), go to their head of operations, kick them in the nards and GET THE FUTCH OUT.

Well since one of the biggest shovel ware developers for the console is Ubisoft it might be a bad idea for them since they also bring out some popular titles as well for the console.

From what sales are showing the shitty games aren't really selling well so for all we know they might die out early next decade.
Well I was talking about the ''Obsolete'' ones, imagine, a LJN of modern day era, that's what I mean.
Back to top Go down
General Meevious
Totus Erus
Totus Erus
General Meevious

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 am

Quote :
Well if the Wii doesn't shape up soon, I'm breaking in and converting totally Microsoft.
360 is a good system, but MS consoles will never match PCs. They get fewer games (with few exclusives) with worse graphics and controls for more money.

More to the point, MS closed down Ensemble studios a while back and they will never be forgiven. :layoff:
Back to top Go down
http://www.xkcd.com
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:21 am

General Meevious wrote:
Quote :
Well if the Wii doesn't shape up soon, I'm breaking in and converting totally Microsoft.
360 is a good system, but MS consoles will never match PCs. They get fewer games (with few exclusives) with worse graphics and controls for more money.

It's true, PC will always have the best graphics and controls.

Sadly for me I could never get my head around mouse and keyboard, being pretty much a console player all my life, I tried getting in on the PC scene a while ago but with the costs it takes to get up your rig and stay future proof, I'd probably just be cheaper for me to buy a console on sale, I'll always recognize the PC being the ultimate games console, but it's not for me.

As for the wii, I have been thinking maybe buying one back, but the fact that nintendo wont budge bringing down the price on a 2 year old console thats already a good 6 years old in the graphical standpoint makes me a bit iffy.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 am

I have a question.

Does the Wii has better graphics than the Gcn, in a significant amount.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:44 am

Not sure on graphics.

The CPU is 50% more powerful than the gamecube though.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:52 am

COULD the gcn recreate the graphic style of Mario Galaxy?
Back to top Go down
Fordy
Fordy

Male Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:45 am

I don't know much, but I'm 99% certain it couldn't fully replicate it.

Heck, Metroid Prime 3 looked like it wouldn't run on GC when you compare it to MP2

Having said that, 98% of games on Wii could be ran on GC, developers just don't make the effort/realise that extra bit of potential.

The Conduit would never be able to be ran on GC though :awesome:
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:48 am

Well Galaxy definetely couldn't right? I mean look at that shinyness.

Mp3 is more of a graphical enhancement, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 pm

Quote :
Oh, and the article complaining that Wii Play selling well is a bad thing, nobody bought Wii Play for the game. EVERYBODY bought it for the Wii-mote.

I thought that, but then i found out it's still selling amazingly without the controller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:15 pm

No.

:stare:
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
Quote :

I thought that, but then i found out it's still selling amazingly without the controller
Because grandpas liked Wii Sports.
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:53 pm

The Wii's been boring me recently, actually. I mostly turn it on for the internet channel, cause my actual internet sucks. There's still actually quite a few games (good ones, might I add) that I need to pick up, but I think either my PS2 (maybe DS) is my favorite system right now.

So I'll keep mine. Also, I'm not sure my mom would appreciate me selling it, since she was the one who waited in the cold (twice, might I add) to get it for my birthday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Whoever sells any console is an idiot. In some cases even outdated consoles.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:31 pm

How So?
Back to top Go down
MC
MC

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:34 pm

I think VC is underrated, and it definitely one of the most "hardcore" parts of the Wii, infact it boggles the mind as to why Nintendo still support it so much when they know their demographic may not care. Sure the games are too expensive and the updates are mostly incredibly minimal, but the point is that classics you have missed before can now be bought and played on modern technology and completely legally too
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm

VC is the best thing the consoles got going for it, Unfortunatly for me I'm a picky bastard and always want the original game instead. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next