The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii

Go down 
+8
Linkred2
General Meevious
Fordy
MC
~Sgt-Gay~
Mega
Wii-Lover
~Sgt-Jay~
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm

I can't figure out which ones are good that I haven't played yet. I mean, some people have said Ecco the Dolphin was good, but it sounds like...ew.
Back to top Go down
Mega
Title stealer >:(
Mega

Male Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:14 pm

I loved ecco as a kid.

Hard as hell but it was beautiful at the time.
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

Male Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:08 am

when there's no more room in hell, you'll pick an emulator and play ilegally.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Destroyer of hopes and dreams.
Wraith

Male Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:59 pm

The Wii has really disappointed me lately... We got ours about two years ago, and the only games we've ever purchased or rented for it that really caught my attention were Twilight Princess and Paper Mario. Yeah, it's possible for gaming console to have a bad year or a dry spell or whatever, but you know what? By now Ninty should have said "alright, guys, enough of this shovelware crap -- we've got to start controlling quality on this thing."

I mean, seriously... Look at some of the garbage that comes out for the Wii. And look at how well it sells. It's absolutely despicable. Good games used to be like an art form; obviously not in the traditional sense, but they still emulated an experience and they still created a lot of entertainment. The Wii has ruined that. Sure, there's some good games, but 99% of what comes out for the Wii is total crap. It gives gamers and gaming a bad name, and it encourages companies to produce crappy games. Nintendo seems content to let people buy this stuff because of all the money that they're making, and that's kind of sickening. Ninty used to be cool because they didn't care about record sales or profit margins or any of that; they made it a point to produce solid, intuitive games that appealed to gamers (hardcore or not), not stock holders. So much for that.

Obviously things like VC are nice, but it doesn't compensate for an entire system worth of crap. I was really excited when Nintendo announced the Wiimote because I was certain that it was going to "revolutionize" gaming, but that hasn't really happened, now has it? It's not like it's impossible -- look at the DS. It had what was considered an extremely unorthodox set of controls for its time, but game developers used the touch screens to their advantage, and they made good games. And there's plenty of options for both "casual" and "hardcore" gamers. Why can't the Wii do the same?

When we bought our 360 the Christmas before last, it actually re-instated my love of gaming. I had so much fun when the Gamecube was current gen because of all the good games for it, but I basically stopped playing when we got the Wii, and I figured that it was because I'd outgrown games or something. Nope -- I just hadn't played any decent ones in so long I forgot what it was like. When we got the 360, it all came back to me. Halo 3, Rock Band 1 and 2 (the Wii versions suck), Gears, Fallout, Bioshock, Braid... I can't even list a quarter of the brilliant games that I've loved. I played Fallout for 12 hours straight at one point; the last game I did that with was Wind Waker. And Halo is still fun on multiplayer, even after all this time. So is Smash Brothers, but honestly... The online is balls. When you need to time an attack as exactly as you do when Smashing, lag is not an option. Period. And what is the deal with friend codes anyway? Gah...

In short: Ninty needs to step up the quality control and start pushing for better games and a better gaming experience. It's probably going to make less money, but it'll be a heck of a lot better than when the Wii fad finally dies out and there's none of us "hardcore" gamers left to pick up the slack. It's only a matter of time before people get bored from the Wii, and if Nintendo hasn't started producing games with substance by then, well... Things aren't going to be pretty. And I doubt I'm the only one who won't blindly support them anymore. I've been a Nintendo fanboy for as long as the 'Cube has been around, and I defended the Wii despite the jokes about its name and all the "casual" stuff, but no more. They used to be worth defending because of the fact that they were a consumer-oriented company who produced good games. But if they don't want to do that anymore, I don't want to be a Nintendo fan anymore.

/rant
Back to top Go down
http://www.cubetoons.com/forum
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Funny thing is, half the time I only had my PS2 was spent whining to get a Gamecube/Wii (when it came out), and now that I have the wii I play the PS2 a whole lot more (games-wise, at least), and I want a PS3 badly.

But that's just the magic of MGS. :awesome:
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

Male Number of posts : 400

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Wraith wrote:
Wraith's Ninty Rant

Wow... Besides the fact that I had fun with the Wii during 2008. All of that is completely true and you know being the fanboy I am that's a smack to the face... :misery:

Oh well. 2009 looks fun. :lmao:

Oh and to Mega's comment earlier about being picky and preferring to buy the original game instead of VC. Same here. I downloaded some games, but have now decided to buy the originals of games I want because Ima a picky bastard! =D

And who ever was talking about NEVER selling your consoles... I agree. I regret selling my SNES and N64 (Luckily my friend gave me his N64) and I never plan on selling another console. :superawesome:
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:57 pm

For some reason I believe that Nintendo will surprise us this year.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 pm

well... er...maybe
god I hope so... Sin and Punishment 2 is the only thing which comes to mind..

I hope Nintendo just kick ass in E3... because last years was just complete and utter shite. I mean... i don't really like bashing Nintendo but holy crap that E3 sucked so much. (I still can't believe how bad it was).

Whats worse is that ive been a Nintendo fanboy almost my whole life and the truth is, Nintendo just sucked.
I liked them when they was the little guy, the select people liked it. Like, at school you would never seen anyone talk about the Gamecube or anything apart from a select few.

And now people don't even know the Wii is the successor to the Gamecube. It's like.... (gah! What i'm writing is just rambling isn't it.. but ill carry on).
It's like, Nintendo has lost their soul. It's like...er... NINTENDO, get a friggin clue. Its youre loyal fans which got you where you are today and now you've just gone and forgot about it all. And whats really pisses me off is when people address this they just turn a blind eye on it all... like I remember 2 years ago in E3:

a question was asked to Reggie, "When will Nintendo take online seriously", and all he said was "blah blah blah, lots of people use Wifi, so its good"... the fact is, just because it's their doesn't mean its good... if I had to eat poo to survive i'd do it.. doesn't mean its nice.

And then Animal Crossing being the 'hardcore' game.... WHAT THE HELL! That sums up Nintendo when they think AC is hardcore.

Now, thank god for Sega. (huzzah).. they have the right idea. Conduit, Madworld, House of the Dead... games the Wii forgot about. The thing is... the DS is brilliant and all, but what was the last Nintendo game made on it which was really big? Advance Wars...? er... you could say Kirby but that was a port.
The problem is, Nintendo make ONE Mario game and thats it... NSMB and then they bugger off. Still..3rd parties are keeping the DS alive.

And now.. Wii Ware.... how disappointing really though. The ratio of crap games to good is like 6:1. Nintendos new strategy is quantity over quality. And it works, make so much crap and people will end up buying it. The reason why the Wii is selling is because it's crap. It's shoved in their faces all the time till they just have to buy it, and then they just get bored anyway.
Carnival Games, Big Beach Sports these are just a few of the shovel ware games which has sold over ONE MILLION games....
then take into account classics such as No More Heroes or Okami... yep... flopped.

So... what i'm saying is... Nintendo need to get their act together <_<
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:20 pm

*Pokes index fingers together*

They plan on making a NSMB2. :stare:
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 pm

What is wii ware anyway?

I jumped ship by the time that came out.
Back to top Go down
~Sgt-Jay~
~Sgt-Jay~

Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 pm

like Xbox arcade

downloadable games

World of Goo is epic though
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:22 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:
like Xbox arcade

downloadable games

World of Goo is epic though

I still need to get that. :p
Back to top Go down
FlyingGiraffe
Master of the Universe
FlyingGiraffe

Male Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Wii-Lover wrote:
*Pokes index fingers together*

They plan on making a NSMB2. :stare:
Maybe when it stops selling, they will.

So I should probably get my copy sooner. :=P:
Back to top Go down
Linkred2
Man In Red
Man In Red
Linkred2

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:22 am

I don't get it.

What's shiggy doing, while Reggie eats the souls of nintendo gamers.

Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Shiggy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:24 pm

~Sgt-Jay~ wrote:

http://www.slapstic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124:why-now-is-the-time-to-abandon-ship-on-the-wii&catid=10:opinion-articles

Ain't it the truth.

I saw a comment somewhere on the internet that pretty much sums up what I think of the Wii: Last-gen technology with a current gen price tag. Very few great games and piss-poor online play.

Please do better in 2009, Nintendo. :(
Back to top Go down
Mega
Mega

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:12 pm

I don't see how they can do worse.

Unless they just don't bother making games for it at all and just rely on wii sports.
Back to top Go down
Wii-Lover
The #1 Assassin
The #1 Assassin
Wii-Lover

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Meh... You guys can sit around here and think your cool for thinking Nintendo's lame while I go and play it some more. =D

Oh and Fizzlo just because your picky doesn't mean there aren't any good games. >.>

I've bought 17 games and rented 2 for the Wii... Soo yea. I had fun with just about everyone of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii   Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3