The Cube
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Cube

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Fortress Gaming Center

Go down 
+10
Schemilix
FlyingGiraffe
Gman
Eat box
ThatFancyChap
Fordy
~Sgt-Jay~
Calamity Cat
Stickman
Dizzy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dizzy
Dizzy

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:51 am

...so?

Honestly, the Golden Wrench thing only delayed the update for me.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:32 am

Well I have sound back on my computer again, so I may start playing this...a lot.

Wooooo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:12 pm

MANNCONOMY!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Downloading the patch now...which means I can't play for liek 5 hours. >_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:36 pm

Hmmm. My interest in playing this game still goes no where. For now I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:27 pm

HOLY DICK THE NEW WEAPONS ARE CRAFTABLE.

http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php

I crafted the Shortstop and the Holy Mackerel and the Shortstop makes Scoot useful in combat, while the fish is just plain cool.
Back to top Go down
Stickman
Master of the EMP
Stickman

Male Number of posts : 1882
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Nobody-cares
Team Fortress 2 is a fun game, but who gives a rats ass about crafting weapons?
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Papytendo wrote:
HOLY DICK THE NEW WEAPONS ARE CRAFTABLE.

http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php

I crafted the Shortstop and the Holy Mackerel and the Shortstop makes Scoot useful in combat, while the fish is just plain cool.

I got the whole set though I had to buy the Milkman. That hat is hard to find.

Either way, the whole set bonus thing that Valve is doing is absolutely golden. Such a good idea that was well-executed, I love what this update has done. Its cool because most of the weapons (barring the Powerjack) really come down to personal preference as far as advantages go. Very good weapon balance on Valve's part.
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

Male Number of posts : 252

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 pm

This update is questionable in a number of ways, truth be told. Valve says the following in there FAQ:
"Q: Will I have to spend money to remain competitive?
A: No. Any items affecting gameplay, and even most purely cosmetic items, will still be obtainable simply by playing the game."

And yet, the hats to complete item sets are themselves findable through about only two methods- purchasing or trading. Finding one in a random drop would be exceptionally lucky, to such a degree that you may as well factor it out as a possibility. Point being that they contradicted themselves, and players who purchase a pack of items has an exceptional advantage over that player who crafted all the items from one pack, but is still without the hat- and therefore the set bonus.

Another questionable fact is that in order to open a crate you MUST purchase a key. And while you are not forced to purchase keys to open your crates, it is rather vexing that they would make one of the possible item drops you will get cost MONEY to obtain.

That said, there are still a number of commendable things about this update- but it is not so utterly without it's flaws that they should simply be ignored.

Oh, and here, have something that's actually entertaining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBu83-0vJbg
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Oh, by no means was I saying the update is perfect. But when it comes to games, being optimistic about an update that has proved itself can't be a bad thing. You start whining about the stuff you don't like later on when the euphoria of the new content wears off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:09 am

Yeah, the getting a crate in a drop is a real boner. Otherwise I love this update. Oh and Best, I will trade you a Degreaser for a Sydney Sleeper.
Back to top Go down
Gman
Dr. Awesome
Dr. Awesome
Gman

Male Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:05 pm

I love trading. It's literally gotten to the point where I spend more time looking for good trades instead of actually playing the game.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Finally got a Year to Remember.

:D
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Papytendo wrote:
Yeah, the getting a crate in a drop is a real boner. Otherwise I love this update. Oh and Best, I will trade you a Degreaser for a Sydney Sleeper.
I already have three of them. And already traded a FOURTH away. Interestingly, aside from those and the battalions backup I traded away earlier they are the only polycount items I have found.

Gman wrote:
I love trading. It's literally gotten to the point where I spend more time looking for good trades instead of actually playing the game.

I simply don't have enough items to be trading them away, as the one hat I possess (Pyro's brain slug) is both my most coveted hat and I had to trade the brigade helm I crafted for myself to get it. I'd really like it if just ONE of my item drops could be a hat, but as that seems unlikely I'm gathering the metal I will need to craft myself a Soldier hat, and thus far have about 20 of the 75 weapons it would require.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Best wrote:
Papytendo wrote:
SURELY DO
TOO BAD I ALREADY TRADED IT TO GMAN
Best wrote:
I simply don't have enough items to be trading them away, as the one hat I possess (Pyro's brain slug) is both my most coveted hat and I had to trade the brigade helm I crafted for myself to get it. I'd really like it if just ONE of my item drops could be a hat, but as that seems unlikely I'm gathering the metal I will need to craft myself a Soldier hat, and thus far have about 20 of the 75 weapons it would require.
Me too. I once had a Troublemaker's Tosselcap, a Batter's Helmet, and a Bonk Helm once. But I was an idiot and did idiot things. And is that why you are always Pyro?
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:51 pm

I am always Pyro because I am good at it because it is an easy class. But really, the majority of my time goes into Pyro, I play Soldier about half as much, situationally play Engineer. Which due to the Engineers turtling nature results in him actually having a decent amount of time put into him despite how few the situations are where I choose to play as him over other classes. Lastly, I'll play Heavy if we already have enough Soldier's and Pyro's but lack a Heavy for some ungodly reason. I'm at least decent at any class, but if I meet my better at any of these given classes I stand little hope.

Unfortunately it just so happens there are such people on the server I play on. Keeps my paltry skills sharp at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Best wrote:
I am always Pyro because I am good at it because it is an easy class. But really, the majority of my time goes into Pyro, I play Soldier about half as much, situationally play Engineer. Which due to the Engineers turtling nature results in him actually having a decent amount of time put into him despite how few the situations are where I choose to play as him over other classes. Lastly, I'll play Heavy if we already have enough Soldier's and Pyro's but lack a Heavy for some ungodly reason. I'm at least decent at any class, but if I meet my better at any of these given classes I stand little hope.

Unfortunately it just so happens there are such people on the server I play on. Keeps my paltry skills sharp at least.
Ah I see.

And as for getting hats and items, have you ever tried idling (not the illegal idling using a third party program, but going to an idling server and just go do something else)?
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:02 pm

If I should stop playing enough weekly to get my max number of item drops for that week then I will consider it. Until then, no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Best wrote:
If I should stop playing enough weekly to get my max number of item drops for that week then I will consider it. Until then, no.
Well if you are ever going somewhere for the entire day, I say put TF2 on the lowest settings and go on an achievement server.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Papytendo wrote:
Best wrote:
Well if you are ever going somewhere for the entire day, I say put TF2 on the lowest settings and go on an achievement server.
NO MAX SETTINGS MAX POWAH!

I likey the new spy knife. Ninja
Back to top Go down
Best
Best

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Fun fact- Degreaser doesn't do 25% less damage, it only reduces each pip of afterburn damage from 3 to 2.

In short- it's no sidegrade, it's a flat upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Dizzy

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Wait really?

I thought it just did less damage in general. WHOOO MAN. That is an ORGASMIC flamethrower then, as it paired with the Axtinguisher is absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:54 pm

tbh I rather pair it with the battery of death. :D
Back to top Go down
ThatFancyChap
ThatFancyChap

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:43 pm

I've realised that I can more or less properly play TF2 now, and yes it is enjoyable. I have 1 Mann Co. Crate right now, which I'm not opening. Anyone want?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:22 pm

I hate the Degreaser. Never got it to work well and it has the lowest visual quality of all the new weapons.
ThatFancyChap wrote:
I've realised that I can more or less properly play TF2 now, and yes it is enjoyable. I have 1 Mann Co. Crate right now, which I'm not opening. Anyone want?
What series is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress Gaming Center   Team Fortress Gaming Center - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Fortress Gaming Center
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next